Shouldering Sig Brace = Illegal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Well being that there are still a few facts that will have to transpire prior to "going to jail" among which will be:

I don't believe anyone would be charged with it either. My statement was just a lead-up to my joke about not writing IANAL on your cell wall if you are in prison. :dogkeke:

Now my previous post was dead serious. We are fighting the wrong fight. Nobody would even be considering the S.A.D. stock for their rifle if this stupid law never existed in the first place. We are fighting for permission to put some crappy excuse of a stock on a pistol when we shouldn't have to ask permission to begin with.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Well crap! Apparently, by once having sex in the back seat of my car, I redesigned the backseat into a bedroom. This further caused the entire car to be redesigned into a house. I am now in violation of several zoning ordinances and owe back property tax.

Don't forget Home Owners Insurance. And depending where you park Flood Insurance. :dogkeke:

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    My sb15 will no longer be obsolete after the sbr process...prob nsfw...
    http://i.imgur.com/Taqi80l.jpg
    Lol! I have a full auto converted AR and I typically show it off to people as "this one has the 'happy switch'". Your SADS conversion on mine would give whole new meaning to my phrase if "mounted" and fired full auto.

Maybe even funnier if we loaded it with blanks. :)

This thread is getting funny!

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Seems like a "set up" by BATFE, actually. They were then able to go after M855.

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Wellll... If you do go shouldering the SIG brace, how about you don't go posting YouTube videos and Photos online. Seems fair.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Wellll... If you do go shouldering the SIG brace, how about you don't go posting YouTube videos and Photos online. Seems fair.

Definitely. Also, if you vote, keep it a secret. If you have an interracial relationship, be sure not to tell anyone. Oh yeah, no pics of your protests.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Definitely. Also, if you vote, keep it a secret. If you have an interracial relationship, be sure not to tell anyone. Oh yeah, no pics of your protests.

I'm sensing a whole lotta sarcasm in that post. Are you saying that you think it's a good idea to publicly incriminate yourself?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    thread tl;dr. I don't think the problem is the fact that people shoulder it. The entire problem is the fact that people market it directly with the verbage: you can shoulder it and screw the ATF!!

If it was presented as a creative use of your firearms mechanics, that'd be perfectly fine. "You can buy this part and that part, just don't hold it like this" would be a pretty flimsy basis for a law, presuming idiots weren't directly rubbing it into faces.

edit: oh, and fwiw? There are equally appealing options available with less publicity.

Last edited:

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I'm sensing a whole lotta sarcasm in that post. Are you saying that you think it's a good idea to publicly incriminate yourself?

Your sarcasm meter is properly calibrated. ;)

This whole thing from a legal standpoint *albeit as retarded as the totality of the concept is) centers around intent, not usage. That does not stop ATF or some local cop from choosing to interpret it how they want and setting in motion all that comes with that.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

This whole thing from a legal standpoint *albeit as retarded as the totality of the concept is) centers around intent, not usage. That does not stop ATF or some local cop from choosing to interpret it how they want and setting in motion all that comes with that.

I agree. It's as stupid as Louisiana Knife Law concerning concealed carry. I can conceal it if it's a tool, because it's not a weapon, but if I have the intent to use it as a weapon, then it's illegal.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA

You don't have to like the law. Just, follow it. If you don't like it, then do something about changing it. The last thing we need is a headline like "Gun-toting Louisiana Man Openly Ignores ATF Regulations, Posts Videos on Youtube, Gets Arrested".

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dusty84
    Top Bottom