Sig Mosquito

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    Just had to list my experience with my new Sig Mosquito.

Ok here's the situation. My daughter just turned 12 and after a couple years of her shooting bb gun and .22, I thought it was time to teach her to more about handguns.

Up to this point, she's helped me clean my weapons when my wife and I came home from the range. And generally speaking, she can tell you all the different parts of a gun and how to assemble them and take them down. We have drilled on safety procedures and I feel safe knowing that my kid knows about firearms, what to do, what not to do etc.

So after a lot of comparisons, and much obsessive web searching, I almost went with a Beretta Tomcat in .22. Thank goodness the guy at my local shop mentioned that I should re-consider the Mosquito. Everything I had seen on the web was derogatory about this model ... and most auto-loader .22s for that matter (for obvious feeding reasons and such with the .22 cartridge.)

Anyway, I just don't like the "luger-like" look of the Ruger and Browning .22 models, I know, I know ... gasp.

So he broke it down for me. Shoot this model with CCI Mini-Mags (sub sonic if you're going with a supressor), keep it clean and well lubed...and it has performed great for him. So I shot his and he was right. I got a good price on a model out of the case, brought it home and greased it well.

Tonight my daughter and I took it out to the range, wringed out about 200 rounds through it. And not only did it shoot like a champ, we only had one failure to load and that's because my daughter didn't bring the slide all the way back.

Lessons I've learned...1) The Mosquito is a good little gun, provided it's kept up and loaded with the right ammo 2) I think my daughter is a better shot then I am.

Please excuse the long windedness...I'm tired.

~rc~

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I must say that I REALLY want a Mosquito. I to have read all the stuff on the Internet about it and the Walther P22 and I think both guns have a bad reputation but I am not so sure that is the case with the newer models. Plus, there are so many people who have never owned one and are just writing the whole "a buddy I know used to have one and..". Well, I picked up a P22 and I love the thing. If I could get a good deal on the Sig I would pick one up also. When I do I am going to clean it before I shoot it the first time and use some good ammo.
    I have had a FTF with the P22 but it was because I threw in a mag or two of some dirty bulk crap and those were some really dirty rounds. I would probably not use either gun as a CC but taking it to the range for some good shooting is really fun with the P22. Have fun with it and I hope to have one some day.

Top Bottom