Sig MPX vs CZ Scorpion vs 9mm AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mlapor3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Gonzales
    I find the idea of pistol caliber carbine/sbr very neat and have been wanting one for a while now.

Today I was at Sherburne and a nice guy at the pistol range allowed me to try out his Sig MPX. It was quite nice. He also had a can for it, although I don't remember which brand.

On a previous Sherburne trip, another gentleman allowed me to try out his 9mm AR with a 5" barrel and an AAC Tirant on it. It was also very nice. My only complaint was that the upper receiver was a side charging model, which sent a decent bit of gas right into the shooters face.

My question, of the these 3 (sig mpx, cz scorpion, 9mm AR), which do you prefer and why?

hkump

Rating - 100%
    316   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    I have the CZ Scorpion EVO 3, used to have an H&K USC-UMP conversion, and have shot 9mm ARs. The CZ Scorpion EVO 3 shoots very soft and similiar to the H&K USC-UMP conversion and is super accurate. The 9mm ARs shoot nice too, but I think they are a bit snappier. Personally, I think the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 is the best bang for your buck. Mags cost only $20 for the 30 rounders, when you can get them. Plus, the quality of the CZ Scorpion EVO 3s is excellent; I'd say it was as good as my H&K USC-UMP conversion, but $2,500 less, so you save that for ammo and accessories. Never shot the Sig MPX, but will try and get one soon. I'd go with the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 for the best bang for your buck.

Top Bottom