Significant others and guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwampKat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Laplace, LA
    I don't have to hide anything, usually goes something like this: babe, check out this new suppressor, or whatever else came in, or babe I heading to ... to go take a class. She really doesn't care, I collect what I want and she collects shoes... It's a trade off.

I usually have to hide new things for my buddies at my house until their wives aren't home and then sneak the item in their house, so my g/f knows what to expect.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    She made me get a notarized affidavit that the last one I bought will be the last one, I kind of slipped last "new" gun in there.

Wow holy hell!

I caught a little hell once. I told her I was giong to get a pistol for a CCW and came home with a P229 .40, SC XD .40, 40 gun safe, and a stainless BBQ pit.
    Most times its pretty casual, in fact after watching an episode of Top Shot she brought up how nice the M1a was :D

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have fortunately reached the "critical mass" of guns needed to disguise pretty much any new purchase. Anything I'd add to the gun safe looks like something else I already have, so when I come home with a gun, it doesn't even register for her to ask about it anymore.

Y'all need to read the short story by Patrick McManus titled "Gunrunning" in his book "The Grasshopper Trap." It's about all the ways his character was able to get guns past his wife, and it taught me everything I needed to know about how to grow a gun collection. It is absolutely hilarious!

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    I have fortunately reached the "critical mass" of guns needed to disguise pretty much any new purchase. Anything I'd add to the gun safe looks like something else I already have, so when I come home with a gun, it doesn't even register for her to ask about it anymore.

Y'all need to read the short story by Patrick McManus titled "Gunrunning" in his book "The Grasshopper Trap." It's about all the ways his character was able to get guns past his wife, and it taught me everything I needed to know about how to grow a gun collection. It is absolutely hilarious!

Book sounds hilarious. My wife reads all the time. My luck is she would pick it up and learn all the secrets! Lol

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Book sounds hilarious. My wife reads all the time. My luck is she would pick it up and learn all the secrets! Lol

He used to write the last page column for an outdoor magazine, and his books are compilations of his short stories. I have the oldest 4 of his book someone gave me as a set maybe 20 years ago. They are worth your time to buy and read. Several of the stories will make you laugh until you cry.

Top Bottom