signing a ticket

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    ok ive had this argument a couple times,,figured id ask the people that know..

i get a speeding ticket,,or any ticket for that matter,,and yall give your this is not admiton of guilt balbalba,,,but i dont want to sign the ticket

i refuse to sign the ticket,,,what happens and whats the law

a. you take my drivers lic. and let me go with the ticket unsigned
    b. i get arrested,,,,, if so why whats the charge??

for the record i have never refused haha because i have alwasy been guilty

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    i understand that,,,i was told that it really is a admission of guilt,and if you feel strongly about it you dont have to sign the ticket,,,but the cop will take your lic. and hand you the unsign tiket to show you got notice of the court date......i said no youll get arrested

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    i understand that,,,i was told that it really is a admission of guilt
    It's not.
    When you sign, are saying that you got the ticket, know you have been given a day in court, and agree to appear in court on the date.

I've been told that if you don't sign you will be arrested, but I've never heard of anyone getting arrested for refusing to sign, though.

:)

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    the ticket is a release in lieu of arrest. Some agencies will allow you to leave without signing the ticket. In JPSO you must sign the ticket or you will be arrested for the charge unless it is a seatbelt only stop.

LAYNFRM

in the fire
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    central/pride
    i understand that,,,i was told that it really is a admission of guilt,and if you feel strongly about it you dont have to sign the ticket,,,but the cop will take your lic. and hand you the unsign tiket to show you got notice of the court date......i said no youll get arrested

i hear they disassemble your gun. if you aren't carrying, they disassemble YOU! :eek3:

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    By signing the ticket, it is official notification of the charges against you and your court date to face your accuser (in this case the officer)(or witness's+officer for other misdemeanor offenses) failure to sign said citation will result in your immediate arrest and imprisonment.

To get out of jail you still have to sign for your court date upon your bonding. Its the same thing without wearing the bling and riding in the back of a already cramped impala.

In 10 years, I have only had 3 people refuse to sign. Needless to say they went straight to jail, where they were "booked". Meaning they were fingerprinted, photographed, and now carry a active NCIC rap sheet regardless of the outcome of court.

A lot of officers don't care either way, 12 hours is 12 hours.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    i signed one in mississippi "f*ck you" because i was pulled over for not having a license plate light and then charged for not using my blinker when i pulled over on the shoulder.
    he laughed about it and told me to have a nice day

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    in baton rouge you dont have to sign them and they cant do ****. people always refused to sign them and i used to laugh and ask how it felt to be tough.....

tough guys dont sign tickets. and tough guys have bug's and bob's.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    grab a bug and refuse your next ticket..... (y)our 1/2 way there! lol!

I don't plan on getting a ticket, but then, no one really plans on it. I do my best to follow the law, but there are so many bogus laws out there, I might fart in the wrong place and get ticketed. :rolleyes:

If I do get a citation in BR, I will make sure I don't sign it & tell the officer that you told me too do that!! HAHAHA. I will also ask for his badge number and tell him that I pay his check...that should add to my toughness I bet! ;)

Ohhhh, just thought of this. Does my BUG count if my wife is next to me? Also, what if SHE signs the ticket instead of me?! Does that count or would this make me a bigger wussy? I don't see this going in my favor any time soon. ;) :mamoru:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    I don't plan on getting a ticket, but then, no one really plans on it. I do my best to follow the law, but there are so many bogus laws out there, I might fart in the wrong place and get ticketed. :rolleyes:

If I do get a citation in BR, I will make sure I don't sign it & tell the officer that you told me too do that!! HAHAHA. I will also ask for his badge number and tell him that I pay his check...that should add to my toughness I bet! ;)

Ohhhh, just thought of this. Does my BUG count if my wife is next to me? Also, what if SHE signs the ticket instead of me?! Does that count or would this make me a bigger wussy? I don't see this going in my favor any time soon. ;) :mamoru:

well...... NOTHING makes you tougher than your wife handling your business! EVERYONE KNOWS THAT!

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    You go to jail. Believe it or not, a traffic ticket is still an arrest. You are signing the ticket as a bond, saying you have recieved notice of charges, your court date, and what you need to do. We issue you a ticket instead of bringing you down and booking you on a traffic offense.

Don't sign my ticket? Doesn't bother me. You'll be signing something if you want to get out of jail...its policy.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    You go to jail. Believe it or not, a traffic ticket is still an arrest. You are signing the ticket as a bond, saying you have recieved notice of charges, your court date, and what you need to do. We issue you a ticket instead of bringing you down and booking you on a traffic offense.

Don't sign my ticket? Doesn't bother me. You'll be signing something if you want to get out of jail...its policy.

EXACTLY.

Some agencies have policies or general practices about taking into cuastody on traffic stops. Most of this is due to area jail over crowding--Bigger fish to fry theory. However, you can be taken into custody and formally arrested on 98% of the traffic laws.

Most cops just want to write the ticket and move on; however, if you are enough of an ass, I am sure they will make an exception.

While we are on this subject.

NO YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO SEE THE RADAR.

SOme agencies allow it, some agencies forbid it for officer safety reasons.

Bottom line--obey the law or be a man and take your medicine. Have some integrity and admit you are wrong and pay your fine. That is what is wrong with our entitlement society today. People are always trying to find a way out ionstead of taking responsibility for their actions.

NO TICKET QUOTAS EITHER> They are actually against the law. But, two more speeding tickets and a stop sign, and I get an easy bake oven.

:eek3:

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    well ive gotten some bogus tickets,,and ive gotten out of some real ones so i call it a wash....i just never understood getting so mad and making a scene,,ill take the ticket say thanks,,,thats one thing i do know if you arer able to fix a ticket its a lot easier if the cop giving you the ticket dosnt remember you being the biggest dick of the day

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benh
    Top Bottom