Signs pop up in French Quarter: Travel in Groups

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I've been reading post on FB from people that live and work in the Quarter about how bad it is. They want LSP back down there

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    The risk in the FQ is quite real. However, the real risk is to the people drinling and bar hopping. The cowardly scum sucking thugs are not likely to attack a person who is paying attention to these gutter snipes. They prefer easier pickings. That said remember if it happens they will sneak attack you and do so with no warning and normally by surprise. So F$%king pay attention!

Also if you are going to bars and drinking you cannot legally carry your CCW. Yes I know the comment about being judged by 12...that notwithstanding if you go to the FQ to drink and bar hop you are much more at risk than if you simply go there to eat. If you go have your designated river also be your designated CCW person.

Remember that poor guy Merritt Landry? If something happens and the scumbag thugs win you will be just another stat. If on the other hand you have justified reason to use your CCW you can be sure friends of the thugs will try to pillar you as the villain and the "victim" as a Sunday School going, good child....and if you have visited a bar and so much as breathed alcohol while carrying your CCW; you can count on being indicted by DA Cannizaro.

Prepare accordingly.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I just avoid the french quarter... Unless I'm going there for a dinner, I just don't go. Nothing but strip clubs and hole in the wall bars, and those days are behind me.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    One of my best girl friends used to live in the CBD. We'd walk our dogs from her place all the way down Bourbon or Canal on Monday nights and just watch people. I'd always have my gun with me, she never had one. We never really felt unsafe. Granted, we'd check in with our friends on duty here and there.

Now? Now I'd never do that. Not even with a group of guys.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I never drink in the Quarter. I eat there often though. I see no reason to fear cowards who would crap their pants at the first sign of resistance. They are not looking for those who appear like they are on patrol and ready to fight. I will be happy to buy shots for any 64G perp.
    In any case, the odds of any given person being the victim of a 64G are low. You are far more likely to be involved in a 20.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I just avoid the french quarter... Unless I'm going there for a dinner, I just don't go. Nothing but strip clubs and hole in the wall bars, and those days are behind me.

Me too. Now when we go it is family outings to include our 2-1/2 year old grand daughter.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I only go into N.O. to work. Always carrying my G17. When I have to go to certain places, and feel I could need extra "tools", I bring in "The saws-all".
    1de37c1b33293ff033ce2d9af24544d3.jpg

I also stopped getting drunk in public places, since I always carry. Except for next weekend; when I plan on having a few too many; when we go see Foreigner, but at least we are staying in the same hotel, so no going outside.

Last edited:

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I never drink in the Quarter. I eat there often though. I see no reason to fear cowards who would crap their pants at the first sign of resistance. They are not looking for those who appear like they are on patrol and ready to fight. I will be happy to buy shots for any 64G perp.
    In any case, the odds of any given person being the victim of a 64G are low. You are far more likely to be involved in a 20.

Care to translate for those of us "Non-Hipsters"

Dirty

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans

Check the other thread I posted - they're combining those these days.

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Check the other thread I posted - they're combining those these days.

The question was not directed at me but ... I assume the short translation is that the scum sucking thugs involve you in a minor traffic accident (20) and then when you get out of your car they pull a gun and rob you. (64G).

The risk is real but folks remember the risk is also real in places other than the FQ. Armed robberies and assaults happen everywhere even in "God's Country".

If you simply avoid the FQ the thugs win. The way to beat them is to flood the FQ with responsible citizens who will not stand by idle while the thugs do their thing.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is really infuriating! Do you all realize how much money N.O. generates from tourism? But they don't have enough money to pay cops?

Follow the spending! I would bet my last penny that there is so much wasted spending on BS feel good horse **** down there on top of overt fraud and stealing, that this should be a non-issue!

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    This is really infuriating! Do you all realize how much money N.O. generates from tourism? But they don't have enough money to pay cops?

Follow the spending! I would bet my last penny that there is so much wasted spending on BS feel good horse **** down there on top of overt fraud and stealing, that this should be a non-issue!

I remember when the FQ was one of the safest places in the city with multiple NOPD on every corner. Now the rest of the city was rough but the FQ was safe for exactly the reasons you mentioned it is, was and always will be the cash generator for the region...unless of course the buffoons du jour screw it up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom