Silencerco pulls ads from Recoil Magazine because of anti-gun article

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Uuuhhhhh yeeeaaah........ HK is sooooo vehemently anti-civilian that they went through all the trouble to make the MR556/MR762 versions of the HK416/HK716 to answer the market demand. They made a semi auto USC version of the UMP. Lets not forget that all of the pistols started out as military/police weapons that were made available to the .civ market. So I don't see where your outrage is coming from. (Actually I do, but it's probably more of the generic HK envy/hate than any perceived slight by mean 'ol Heckler and Koch)
    My standards are a bit higher than some, so I own quite a few HK pistols and I am totally fine with not being able to buy a MP7. Life continues. :)

Yeah cuz a semi-auto version of the UMP looks like this:
    hk_usc-2.jpg

"Oh you dumb civilians want one? Here's this nerf gun that somewhat resembles the real one. What a good boy."

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Yeah cuz a semi-auto version of the UMP looks like this:
    hk_usc-2.jpg

"Oh you dumb civilians want one? Here's this nerf gun that somewhat resembles the real one. What a good boy."

Do those come in Candy Apple Red? :o

:dogkeke:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Awesome! Where did you find those stats?

Malaysia-- LOL.

I'll have to scrounge up the civilian market figures for that type of thing. I didn't realize that so many HK products were actually in use out there-- obviously the MP5, but the others were surprising. Had to look some of them up... :o

I knew that about the reliability of the 416 and XM8, but I thought the issue was cost-benefit of the former and the fact that the latter was a logistical abortion/nightmare-- proprietary this and that, etc. I believe we have a member that can comment in great depth on those trials, and the ultimate decisions...

The VP70M looks like a HiPernt... :mamoru:

I just went to the press release section of HK USA and used a little Google-fu combined with wikipedia. The list of countries using the old HK .308's is ungodly, we're the only ones NOT using them. There are several guns in HK's arsenal that are very hard to find numbers for. The G36 is a standard issue rifle in Spain and a few other countries.

As much as the fanbois love their Glock perfection, even though it's taken 4 generations of fails to still not be perfect, all they make are pistols. They aren't building grenade launchers and and machine guns for the Krotz Springs PD, just pistols. They just can't compare on a global scale with HK due to the types of weapons HK produces.

Tracking the total sales of HK firearms, I think, due to licensing and such, would be about as tough as figuring out how many AK's have ever been built.

To all the big HK haters, think about this, why does every gun shop seem to have a "Glock Armorer," but there's only 1 official HK armorer in the US, and his turnaround time is less than 2 hours on a trigger job from the time fedex delivers the firearm until he's boxing it up to ship it back, and calling you up personally to let you know it ready???????? They also only have 2 customer service reps, and they mainly deal with parts sales for all the fun stuff HK likes to provide for us.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    made me lol a bit.

408312_3582889573261_1819639586_n.jpg

:bowrofl: Wow.....

And Ryan, as for the large numbers of Glock Armorers out there, I know there are "other" reasons- but at least some of the reason is because of Glock's massive popularity, wouldn't you say? :p

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    New Official Communication from Recoil Mag.

In light of some of the comments and complaints made about a paragraph in a recent article about the Heckler & Koch MP7A1, Recoil wishes to make the following points clear:

· It is simply not credible for anyone to question Recoil’s support for, and commitment to, the Second Amendment. Recoil is first and foremost a gun lifestyle magazine, aimed at the modern shooting enthusiast.

· The opinions in the paragraph in question accurately reflected those of the manufacturer, and should have been reported as direct quotes. Recoil acknowledges the way the paragraph was written has caused unnecessary confusion.

· Jerry Tsai, a passionate gun enthusiast and the visionary behind Recoil magazine, will remain as editor of Recoil.

We thank you for your support and understanding.

Quite honestly, if you read the article, it was one paragraph that was actually quoted from the manufacturer and we did not state it that way. Recoil has 26,000 likes on face book and the magazine has only been out for three issues and issue number 4 is just hitting the streets. I honestly believe that this will not hurt the magazine. I have not lost anyone as a result of this and do not expect to.

Joe Galloway
    Associate Publisher
    5.0 Mustang & Super Fords
    Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
    Phone 813-675-3493
    Fax 813-675-3557
    Email joe.galloway@sorc.com
    Assistant: Jennifer Conklin 813-675-3507

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    H&K is has a reason for stating their position in that manner, it's due to being a gun maker that must play nice with politicians. If they didn't believe civilians had a use for their technology, then why would they have gone through the troubles of making so many "civilian" (brady bill friendly) "non-black" guns???

Military use technology
    lg_g36c.jpg

HK_UMP_45.jpg

lg_hk416_1.jpg

Civilian use technology
    38.jpg

hk_usc-2.jpg

mr556_lg_2.jpg

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    :bowrofl: Wow.....

And Ryan, as for the large numbers of Glock Armorers out there, I know there are "other" reasons- but at least some of the reason is because of Glock's massive popularity, wouldn't you say? :p

Yes, i have no quams admitting that, the more of something there is the more of them that are going to have to be fixed, unless of course, they were built right to begin with lol
    ;)

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    H&K is has a reason for stating their position in that manner, it's due to being a gun maker that must play nice with politicians. If they didn't believe civilians had a use for their technology, then why would they have gone through the troubles of making so many "civilian" (brady bill friendly) "non-black" guns???

Military use technology
    lg_g36c.jpg

HK_UMP_45.jpg

lg_hk416_1.jpg

Civilian use technology
    38.jpg

hk_usc-2.jpg

mr556_lg_2.jpg

Hmm...I don't know....they made this white example so God-awful, butt ugly I'm not sure if they were serious about it or not....:rofl:

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    New Official Communication from Recoil Mag.

In light of some of the comments and complaints made about a paragraph in a recent article about the Heckler & Koch MP7A1, Recoil wishes to make the following points clear:

· It is simply not credible for anyone to question Recoil’s support for, and commitment to, the Second Amendment. Recoil is first and foremost a gun lifestyle magazine, aimed at the modern shooting enthusiast.

· The opinions in the paragraph in question accurately reflected those of the manufacturer, and should have been reported as direct quotes. Recoil acknowledges the way the paragraph was written has caused unnecessary confusion.

· Jerry Tsai, a passionate gun enthusiast and the visionary behind Recoil magazine, will remain as editor of Recoil.

We thank you for your support and understanding.

Quite honestly, if you read the article, it was one paragraph that was actually quoted from the manufacturer and we did not state it that way. Recoil has 26,000 likes on face book and the magazine has only been out for three issues and issue number 4 is just hitting the streets. I honestly believe that this will not hurt the magazine. I have not lost anyone as a result of this and do not expect to.

Joe Galloway
    Associate Publisher
    5.0 Mustang & Super Fords
    Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
    Phone 813-675-3493
    Fax 813-675-3557
    Email joe.galloway@sorc.com
    Assistant: Jennifer Conklin 813-675-3507
    I Think he just turned up his nose at everyone.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The Facebook page of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence has taken notice:
    https://www.facebook.com/CoalitiontoStopGunViolence/posts/470114826352692
    "Editor of RECOIL magazine backs down to intense pressure from pro-gun activists after stating assault rifle had no legitimate civilian purpose"

Comments from the page admin go on to say that the NRA has us all blindly led to hate on anyone who says anything remotely 'common sense' about guns. Page admin goes on to say that they'd be surprised if Tsai hasn't receiver many death threats by now.

The page fans all going on with similar tard-statements.

Welp, looks like the worst-case scenario didn't take long. Countdown until the Brady Bunch releases a headline memo begins... now.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I just went to the press release section of HK USA and used a little Google-fu combined with wikipedia. The list of countries using the old HK .308's is ungodly, we're the only ones NOT using them. There are several guns in HK's arsenal that are very hard to find numbers for. The G36 is a standard issue rifle in Spain and a few other countries.

As much as the fanbois love their Glock perfection, even though it's taken 4 generations of fails to still not be perfect, all they make are pistols. They aren't building grenade launchers and and machine guns for the Krotz Springs PD, just pistols. They just can't compare on a global scale with HK due to the types of weapons HK produces.

Tracking the total sales of HK firearms, I think, due to licensing and such, would be about as tough as figuring out how many AK's have ever been built.

To all the big HK haters, think about this, why does every gun shop seem to have a "Glock Armorer," but there's only 1 official HK armorer in the US, and his turnaround time is less than 2 hours on a trigger job from the time fedex delivers the firearm until he's boxing it up to ship it back, and calling you up personally to let you know it ready???????? They also only have 2 customer service reps, and they mainly deal with parts sales for all the fun stuff HK likes to provide for us.

Oh yeah, I knew the old .308s would be prolific-- do they still have contracts out for new ones, I wonder?

The GL and MG stuff had not even crossed my mind. I knew they cranked those things out, but I didn't know we used them. I still contend that the smaller countries probably spend less on some of those contracts than the US civvie market would-- but that's just in regards to one or two countries, not the entire market for that heavy hitting stuff I suppose.

I imagine there'd be a lot more HK armorers if there was a program to create/train them like there is for the Glock. Even being typically restricted, the M&P Armorer's Course is still not so tough of a nut to crack-- but I've never even heard of one being offered for/by HK.

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    These statements coming from a guy that wrote an atricle on Independent Studio Services (a prop gun "armory" for Hollywood films & TV)...these are the only guns that this person is qualified to hold and not the ones with the pointy kitchen cutlary attached to the "barrel."

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    HK just said this

Some readers have misinterpreted a recent feature story in RECOIL magazine as a reflection of HK policy. Heckler & Koch has a long presence in the US civilian market and throughout that time has been an ardent and passionate supporter of the Second Amendment and the American civilian shooter. This will always be the ca
    se. The contents, opinions, and statements expressed in that feature story are those of the writer, not Heckler and Koch’s. Additionally, the writer and RECOIL magazine have issued a clarification and apology for the ill-chosen words used in the story.

The HK MP7A1 4.6 mm Personal Defense Weapon mentioned in the story is a selective-fire product (capable of *full automatic* fire) and is currently restricted to military and law enforcement agencies by BATF. HK-USA has previously researched introducing similar commercial products, chambered in 4.6 mm, but it was determined that the final product would not have enough appeal or be legally feasible.

— Heckler & Koch USA

Top Bottom