Silencerco Salvo 12 review

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    I finally was able to get a choke tube to use the Silencerco Salvo 12 on my Beretta Xtrema 2 this past weekend. I was initially worried about hanging a 12 inch suppressor off the end of a 28 inch barreled shotgun, but it didn't prove to be a problem while duck hunting. It isn't something that I would want to carry around but worked out just fine sitting in a duck blind. It really brings the sound down considerably especially with 2 3/4 shells. I hunt with 3 inch shells and it still brings the noise down to the level of a suppressed 5.56 or 300 blackout with supers. While shooting I never once noticed the additional weight on the end of the barrel. The shotgun still swung smoothly from target to target. One of the biggest benefits I noticed was the reduction in recoil. Follow up shots on decoying ducks were almost too easy. It's probably a combination of the added weight and brake like ability of the silencer but the shotgun hardly moved even shooting stout 3 inch duck loads. I am planning on getting a shotgun with probably a 21 inch barrel and once the rod kits are available will try to come up with the best combination of length, weight and suppression. From what I see that is probably going to be around the 8 or 10 inch mark. Everyone there was thoroughly impressed with the performance of the can and my ability to shoot accurately with it. Silencerco has a real winner with this one.

Top Bottom