SilincerCo Shotgun Suppersor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim's Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    Baton rouge, LA
    I'm in Utah right now at the unveiling of the Salvo 12 and am very impressed. We got to shoot them all day, here are my impressions:

Mounting: They mount to the shotgun via a choke adapter. At the moment they are covering most mossberg, benelli, fn, weatherby, beretta, and browning shotguns. It will comes with modified, improved, and full choke adapters.The suppressor threads directly to the choke adapter (no QD)

Sound: The Salvo is modular and can be lengthened from 6" to 12" in 2" increments. We shot the 12" version all day and they were very quiet, near 130db average. It basically sounds like a 22lr with subsonicscs.

Weight: Between 21-35oz

How it works: basically it is a balance of baffles and expansion volume. The inside of the suppressor is lined with rails on which the wad rides so that it will not open in the suppressor. It is rated for slugs and any 2 3/4 or 3" wadded shot.

Msrp is $1400

I'll post some pics and videos as soon as I can. Feel free to ask any questions also.

-Jared

Jim's Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    Baton rouge, LA
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

G_S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Shreveport
    Jim

Do you get all four, the 12in, 10in, 8in, 6in for the price of $1400?

With it being modular, does this mean the end user will be able to change length themselves?

How heavy is the 12in feel when it is on the gun, and how does it swing?

Are they thinking about offering is in titanium anytime soon to reduce the weight?

How does the gun pattern when the suppressor is attached?

So no go on the Remington right now?

When can we start ordering them?

How soon till they ship?

Last edited:

Jim's Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    Baton rouge, LA
    Did you shoot clays? Could you hear them shatter if so??

We did, and sometimes.

We used a Benelli m2, m4, a Mossberg 930 and a Remington 870. With the 870 you could sometimes hear the clays pop if they were hit right. Among the autos, the m2 was the most quiet followed by the m4 and then the 930. I never heard any hits with any of the autos. That being said, there were usually two guns running at the same time and there was lots of talking during the shooting.

If you watch the video on their web page the clay shattering is about the same volume as the shotgun firing, this is simply not the case in the real world when ambient noise, wind, and other factors come in to play. They did say that the audio on that video is the actual audio from the shoot, which I don't doubt, but it was done using advanced microphones and cleaned up in the editing room.

They also have a pretty cool video of them shooting drones that should be posted on their site next week.

Jim's Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    Baton rouge, LA
    Jim

Do you get all four, the 12in, 10in, 8in, 6in for the price of $1400?

With it being modular, does this mean the end user will be able to change length themselves?

It comes with the ability to extend by the end user from 6" to 12" and three chokes.

How heavy is the 12in feel when it is on the gun, and how does it swing?

It seemed a bit front heavy at first being and 18" barrel but once you get used to it it's like shooting any 26" or longer shotgun with the recoil of a 20ga

Are they thinking about offering is in titanium anytime soon to reduce the weight?

No

How does the gun pattern when the suppressor is attached?

We did not shoot paper but Silencerco said it increases constriction by about .05 iirc. We shot both steel and clays with no problem.

So no go on the Remington right now?

They do have a choke kit for Remington.

When can we start ordering them?

You can order one now. Give us a call and ask for Melissa.

How soon till they ship?

They are aiming for September for distribution, so late October or November to dealers. They seem confident that they will have 4k units ready by then.

Last edited:

xx v0odo0 xx

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    I'm in Utah right now at the unveiling of the Salvo 12 and am very impressed. We got to shoot them all day, here are my impressions:

Mounting: They mount to the shotgun via a choke adapter. At the moment they are covering most mossberg, benelli, fn, weatherby, beretta, and browning shotguns. It will comes with modified, improved, and full choke adapters.The suppressor threads directly to the choke adapter (no QD)

Sound: The Salvo is modular and can be lengthened from 6" to 12" in 2" increments. We shot the 12" version all day and they were very quiet, near 130db average. It basically sounds like a 22lr with subsonicscs.

How it works: basically it is a balance of baffles and expansion volume. The inside of the suppressor is lined with rails on which the wad rides so that it will not open in the suppressor. It is rated for slugs and any 2 3/4 or 3" wadded shot.

Msrp is $1400

I'll post some pics and videos as soon as I can. Feel free to ask any questions also.

-Jared

So does it sound anything like what this girl is shooting in this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaZkUc5wrUs

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston

Msrp is $1400

-Jared

Did they happen to mention how they are making it modular without the customer having to pay $800 in stamps, $200 per "piece"? One of the guys over at nfatalk has a question in with the ATF but was wondering if anyone up there asked the question.

Also, how do you go about changing the length?

Jim's Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    Baton rouge, LA
    Did they happen to mention how they are making it modular without the customer having to pay $800 in stamps, $200 per "piece"? One of the guys over at nfatalk has a question in with the ATF but was wondering if anyone up there asked the question.

Also, how do you go about changing the length?

I believe the serialized part of the suppressor is the first piece that actually threads into the shotgun. It will essentially be a 12" suppressor with three removable 2" sections. (Giving you the 6", 8", 10" and 12" sizes) The 4" serialized section and the 2" end cap are the only 2 pieces that are required for the suppressor to function.

They are supposed to show us how to disassemble them today so I'll have answers about that a little later. Also a video of all 4 sizes fired side by side for comparison.

Top Bottom