SIRT with RMR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA

I just put this together. I bought a SIRT pistol to do some training with at home, however I couldn't get any good RDS practice out of it. Presentations, transitions, etc.

An hour or so on the mill and it seems to work great. Probably won't hold zero enough for FoF evolutions, but for indoor practice its going to work great.

I sank the RMR in .050" from the top of the slide, and then used a Steel bar below the plastic to screw the RMR into. The steel bar is epoxied in place. Seems to work fine for now.

I bought a set of the Laserlyte ReactionTyme Targets, and they work well for what they are.

I zeroed at 20ish Yards so I can work on offsets. It also works great for 1 handed training as well as non-standard positional shooting around my tactical couch.

I do wish they had a reaction time function that would display your draw times.

Ideally you could have a set of 5 that were linked to a smart phone and you could record dry fire drills. Maybe ill break out Arduino and make it work.

Just thought I would share.

Thanks

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I have the same SIRT pistol and enjoy it... it also works out a lot better in an environment where you can't just pull out your EDC and slap a laser insert into the barrel and practice.

If you want some added features/options to the SIRT, download SHOOTOFF (https://github.com/phrack/ShootOFF/releases). If you install it on a PC with a webcam (or add a webcam), you can point it at a target of your choice, then plot it and it will track your shots, score them, etc. It will even work with a Projector with animated targets (optional). The software calls out target options for training, times your shots, etc. The best part, it's FREE!

There's also an app for the iPhone called iDryFire (made by iMarksman)... it will pretty much do the same as the SHOOTOFF software, but as an app on your phone (and minus the projector hookup). In a pistol case with my SIRT, I have some small targets, and an old iPhone that pretty much only has that app on it. I use it for traveling and it allows me to pretty much Dry Fire train anywhere for $10.

You have to learn the ins and outs of the software "tweaking" process so you can make sure it plots the shots perfectly, but for the price? You can't beat it.

LaserAmmo makes a small iphone sized device called the LaserPET which has it's own little tripod, targets, etc. that is roughly $100 +/- $20 that is also very small and portable.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom