Skeet shooting Ranges or Open areas?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darthv8der

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Gretna
    Was curious if anyone knew of a place around the New Orleans area for shooting Clays? Either an actual range/club or even just an open field that you wont get in trouble for shooting in? I have a hankering to shoot and pistol ammo is still a bit ridiculous to find. I am pretty new to the area so I dont have a lot of local knowledge on where is acceptable to shoot. Any Ideas?

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    High Point Shooting Grounds in Belle Chasse near the naval station maybe? I have shot some tournaments there but it has been a while now. Seems I remember they don't have skeet or trap, but they do have 5-stand and a nice sporting clays course. If you have never tried it, I highly recommend sporting clays. Kind of like golf with shotguns.

Darthv8der

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Gretna
    Have you ever been to the South Louisiana Gun Club? I work right down the road from High Point and I didnt even know it! I will have to go check it out.

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    There is a skeet range in Avondale that is in the shadow of the Huey Long Bridge. I went about a year ago, so I assume it is still open.

Darthv8der

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Gretna
    Yah I think that is the South Louisiana Gun Club. How were the prices? I was thinking of going by there tomorrow to check it out.

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    I'm sorry I don't remember the costs. I believe it was about $20 per person. There is also a membership that makes sense if you go often.

brooksmd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2013
    Bush, LA
    Honey Island has a 3 position skeet area. Clays can be launched away from shooter or towards and both at the same time. Also have a rabbit machine. Range fee is $6 for the day and I think $3 per box of shells which covers the cost of the clays. Very nice facility. Check out their website.

DWT

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    FYI, the South Louisiana Gun Club is open Wed, Thurs., Sat., Sun., from 1-6:PM. Trap/skeet only, $10.00/round(25 targets), open to the public, #7.5, 8, 9 shot only.

Top Bottom