SKS Scope Mounting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I have one of these Barska rigs NIB if you're interested.

s7_712589_imageset_01

Big Jack

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    There are several receiver covers u can buy off of Ebay that will give u several options to mount your scope. Also there are several shell deflectors for your SKS that are easy to install in case you want to add a longer scope. Both items are inexpensive also. Hope this helps.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    All other scope mounts Ive seen for the sks have a good bit of wiggle and/or the spent brass knocks the scope or mount when ejected.

When you mount a red dot or simular sight on a rail on the upper handguard they can mount pretty solid but for a scope it is too far away.

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    i bought a nice replacement dust cover with tri-rail simillar to this one at the Gonzalez gun show a couple weeks ago for $30. havent installed it yet, but it seems solid.

neverknowsbest

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    BRLA
    from the research ive done, the reciever/dust cover mounts are not very good because they don't hold zero. they move around too much. the scout scope mounts that was posted are the best way to go since they replace the original rear sight.

greywolf999

Fixer
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Best result that I have had over the years were all side mounts drilled and tapped to the receiver. The best was a Russian P/U mount, gunsmith installed, which mounted to the left side of the receiver. This allowed me to use the iron sights, reload using stripper clips, and remove the receiver cover. The second best I have used was the Choate side mount which is installed in the same manner and offers the same features, although removing the scope and mount with this one did not rezero as well as with the P/U design. Pic is the Choate mount installed from an example pic from an article on http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews/choatesksscope/index.asp

greywolf999

Fixer
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You can get the ones with the screws that tighten to the receiver to hold zero,until you remove the feed cover for cleaning,at which point they will wander a bit.I personally have never had them re-zero properly when re-installed but others have had better luck.Really depends on what you expect from your rifle.No matter what you do you will never end up with a precision rifle when starting with an SKS. If you want the best chance of coming near that, you cannot expect any mount other than the side types to provide a rock solid base,with exception of the ones that replace the rear sight for a scout type setup.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom