Sleep Number/ Sleep Comfort beds

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    Does anyone have any experience with the Sleep Comfort beds? Looking to get something in a King size that will not kill my back like my 1 year old Seally does. I'm not going to buy a Sleep Number bed because they are one of the companies that canceled their advertising with Rush Limbaugh but I'm considering the Sleep Comfort system. Seems like a lot of money for the bed but its about the same price I paid for a king size Seally a year ago that I can't stand. Just looking for reviews from people that slept on them.

Thanks in advance

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    I was looking at the P5 or the same one from Sleep Comfort. Which ones do you have? And how old are they? Are they durable? I have read that the sleep number beds have the foam in the middle seperating the two air mattresses that makes it uncomfortable. Is that true?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I was looking at the P5 or the same one from Sleep Comfort. Which ones do you have? And how old are they? Are they durable? I have read that the sleep number beds have the foam in the middle seperating the two air mattresses that makes it uncomfortable. Is that true?

I cannot express to you in mere words how much of a difference that damn bed has made for my injured and formerly chronic aching back. Mine is 4 years old and it still makes me wake up refreshed and with no back pain.

Now it does need to be pumped up to 100 every few months and released to the number I prefer just to make me feel as if there is a need to; but that is no problem.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Don't know which one we have - it was around $3500 installed, if that helps - but it has made a noticeable difference in my back pain in the mornings. Didn't realize they dropped Rush. The foam separating the two sides is not noticeable to me, probably b/c we both use high numbers.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    We have a Tempur-Pedic. They're a bit addictive. My dad got one, then we got one, Mom got one, my sister got one, and all the kids are now getting them as their mattresses wear out (the oldest), or as they outgrow their twins and go into a full size (the small ones).

Last edited:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I tried a Select comfort for two or three days and did a *lot* of research. I ended up buying non-name brand memory foam ie: Tempur-Pedic. I got a good deal and guarantee from overnightmattress.com They said if I decided I didn't like it they would take it back AND pay return shipping. If I ever replace it, it will be with the same thing for sure. The air mattress things seem to be liked as well especially with a memory foam topper, I just don't like the failures I read about as far as a leak or a bad pump.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I slept on a sleep number in a hotel once. I only got to sleep 5 hours that night because I had to get up early but awoke feeling very refreshed. It was amazing. I've been wanting one ever since.

Not4Hire

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Check out sleepbetterstore.com. We went to sleep number store at the mall, got the full sales pitch, decided on a bed, then they tried to sell us all kind of crap. More to the story than I want to type, but they suck. Ordered from sleepbetterstore on line and saved about 20% if I recall. Been 4 years, no issues.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I just got the Serta iComfort. It's one of those memory foam ones but with a cooling gel layer so it doesn't hold heat as muchas the Tempur does. I have a ruptured disk and this new bed is the best $3500 I've spent when it comes to a good night sleep!

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    No denying it's a comfy bed. They're in a bunch of hotels I frequent. But I'll never pay that much for an air mattress.

My current bed is a queen sized air mattress I picked up at academy for about $55. Then I tossed a feather-bed mattress thingy on top of that. When it wears out in a couple of years, I'll drop another $55 on a new one.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have the dual chamber sleep number as well. I think its a 5000 series. I sugggest the dual chamber and try to minimize the thickness of the pillowtop option. I, like others, have lower back issues from a disk injury about 7 years ago. I have no problems when my bed is properly inflated. It is also nice that my side of the bed is firm and the wifes side is softer.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    We ordered a Tempur-Pedic a few years ago.

Granted, the support was geat, BUT, we sank down into the foam and it was like wearing a 6" thick foam-insulated suit. It was just too hot to stay on. Sent it back after a week.

I understand that they now offer a model with some sort of ventillated top.

Stayed at a Marriott in Houston 3 years ago and ordered a hotel matress from Marriott; it is great.

Years ago, I had a friend in the business; he told me that the king doesn't hold up well, because of the distances. I always get a queen or "California queen" now and they do last longer.

Good luck !

Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    We have a Tempur-Pedic. They're a bit addictive. My dad got one, then we got one, Mom got one, my sister got one, and all the kids are now getting them as their mattresses wear out (the oldest), or as they outgrow their twins and go into a full size (the small ones).

I second this.
    I love mine, and both my wife and I sleep noticably better!

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    We ordered a Tempur-Pedic a few years ago.

Granted, the support was geat, BUT, we sank down into the foam and it was like wearing a 6" thick foam-insulated suit. It was just too hot to stay on. Sent it back after a week.

I understand that they now offer a model with some sort of ventillated top.

Stayed at a Marriott in Houston 3 years ago and ordered a hotel matress from Marriott; it is great.

Years ago, I had a friend in the business; he told me that the king doesn't hold up well, because of the distances. I always get a queen or "California queen" now and they do last longer.

Good luck !

An Outlast mattress pad and the gel foam.

Top Bottom