slide fire question...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jopete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Loreauville, La.
    if u put a sub-cal device in a ar, [.22] i wonder if that slide fire stock would work?

alot cheaper to play around with if it will work.

gmshooter

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    328   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Gramercy La.
    There is a utube video that a guy did using a s&w .22. He did have to change the trigger/hammer. He has all of the modifications listed in the video. It worked great. I will see if i can find the link.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    The slide-fire will NOT work with a Ceiner/Atchisson type .22 conversion. I own the above and I have tried it. The M&P 15-22 uses a polymer upper that is lighter than a metal one, and if you have a 3.5 lb trigger (forget the brand but it is a $200.00 piece), using hot enough .22 ammo it can be made to work with the Slide-Fire. Look on YouTube for several videos of this. AFAIK, a metal .22 upper is too heavy for the .22 to bump fire witho if you want to go that route you are looking at:
    M&P 15-22-----Approx $425-$450
    Slidefire stock--$350
    Trigger----------$200

Of course you CAN buy the Akins Springless Accelerator II from Fostech Outdoors for only $669 and add your own Ruger 10-22 ($250 +/-), so for just north of 9 bills you can rapidly shoot .22 ammo.

Rabbit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Carencro, LA
    Do you have a 22 conversion? or an MP 15/22?

Toe to toe I would be that you can rip (and I do mean RIP) through a mag just as fast on the 22lr that you can on the slide fire. AND on target! The 22lr just don't come off target, and is wicked quick to get back in battery. Slide fire may be a hair faster.... but you won't notice

(I have both MP and conversion)

jopete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Loreauville, La.
    i have ar comming in later this month and was just brainstorming about shooting on the cheap.

i did see that sportsmans guide has a CMMG brand .22 conversion kit for ar rifles for 197$

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Will not work, I tried. Maybe if the disconnect on the trigger had some work done it MIGHT, but other than risking making your rifle FA accidentally I'd just buy that crank from Cabela's for $25 or whatever and tune it properly on a 10/22

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom