slidell arms?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    Does anyone know what is happening with Dave at Slidell Arms? I made several calls this week and the line was busy. I went to lunch at the Retro Grill yesteday, which is next door to his shop. It looked empty and a "For lease" sign was in the window.

blackboltss

Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    IDK i tried to call last month to try and get a price on some stuff, he never called me back. a couple months before that i tried to call and get some ammo and he never called back. I usually deal with Mrs. Kim, she always got back to me right away and was awesome to deal with, but he said that she was going back to school??? so IDK

Jdalton

Apr 2, 2011
    Last time i tlkd to him he said he was moving to Fairhope Al. His shop hrs were always kinda iffy. Guess hes made the move.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    So S&S is practically closed (may be closed, haven't checked)- and now Slidell Arms. Damn. Anywhere else left in Slidell?

ericlosh

Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    we got F.I.T.S. and academy.
    i miss slidell arms as well, they were very good people, the folks over at f.i.t.s. are pretty nice as well fortunately IMO

ericlosh

Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    I really dont understand what the deal is you guys have with fits....i get it i read your complaints, but i have never had problems with them. One notable time i was there after shooting and was looking at pistols in the case, and their gunsmith asked if i wanted to see anything, i told him no cause i was not gonna buy anything. He walked be hind the counter and just started pulling stuff out for me to hold and play with. Very cool guy. At any rate they give me good advice i feel and their prices arent terrible, at least not compared to what i hear gun shops can do. Oh well i guess.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I really dont understand what the deal is you guys have with fits....i get it i read your complaints, but i have never had problems with them. One notable time i was there after shooting and was looking at pistols in the case, and their gunsmith asked if i wanted to see anything, i told him no cause i was not gonna buy anything. He walked be hind the counter and just started pulling stuff out for me to hold and play with. Very cool guy. At any rate they give me good advice i feel and their prices arent terrible, at least not compared to what i hear gun shops can do. Oh well i guess.

You had a good experience. I didn't. They were nice enough. Just quoted $110 more on a gun than was the going price online. I'll spend a little more to help a little guy. But not that much.

ericlosh

Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    You had a good experience. I didn't. They were nice enough. Just quoted $110 more on a gun than was the going price online. I'll spend a little more to help a little guy. But not that much.
    Yeah but you kinda have to expect that, small business just costs more. As long as getting a good bit under manufacturer msrp, im happy and it helps out the community more directly.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom