small 9mm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grod713

2nd amendment supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    i shot one and thought it was great trigger pull is a little heavy but not too bad. i have heard you need to shoot 250 rounds through it to break it in before carrying

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Not sure which one you're talking about but definitely a good idea for either one. I didn't carry my PF9 until after it had 200 rounds thru it.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    You ether got a good Kahr, or

(Like me) the NEW one you bought was a total piece of ****, never worked right. (over 500... IIRC over 700 rounds of 6 different types of ball ammo in the hands of several shooters)]

And you 'enjoyed' their non existant 'customer service' and paying for your 'this has never worked since I bought it new' gun to be shipped to them AND back to you, being insulted by them constantly, them taking so long to send it back you have to call and remind them (NOT the time they said) and on and on and on...

I'll NEVER buy another of those complete pieces of **** from that ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE company.

Plenty of stories of both out there... people who goot great guns, and people with experences like mine. If you get a good one... Keep it.
    If you end up like me...
    Told ya so.

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Interesting Nomad. I bought my first in 2001 and my second a few weeks ago. I've had no issues whatsoever with'em so never had to deal with the customer service. Although I heard there were issues with the polymer frame guns years ago when they were first released.

My old still has a plastic guide rod, but the PM has a metal guide rod. I still think when new models are released they should be given time to have the kinks worked out.

I bought one of the first LCP's from ruger and ended up having to send it back. But I know ruger's customer service was top notch.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Interesting Nomad. I bought my first in 2001 and my second a few weeks ago. I've had no issues whatsoever with'em so never had to deal with the customer service. Although I heard there were issues with the polymer frame guns years ago when they were first released.

My old still has a plastic guide rod, but the PM has a metal guide rod. I still think when new models are released they should be given time to have the kinks worked out.

I bought one of the first LCP's from ruger and ended up having to send it back. But I know ruger's customer service was top notch.

I bought the ones 'after' the 'kinks' were worked out. (According to both the time AND the serial number)

It was a PM9. Sucker 'shaved' pieces of plastic off the frame. They told me it did that to 'break in'... that polomer guns were like that.

I said Glocks wern't. (I was carrying 1911's and J frames at the time)
    Nevertheless, I gave it it's 500 round 'break in period'... and then some.

Went back to the factory 3 times, each time they talked to me like I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground. Even after I told them one of my buddies who had fired it was a FBI firearms instructor... and the problems persisted.

Ended up talking to the 'head' of the maintance/gunsmithing or whatever... I forget.... He ASSURED me he would handle it PERSONALLY.

It STILL never worked.

As I said... never again.

firesafety3

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    Gonzales, Louisiana
    Take a look at the Taurus PT709 before you decide on something. I handled and shot a few and ended up buying the 709 and I'm very pleased with it. It's been very dependable and not one problem. Comfortable to carry IWB or in the pocket.

Price hovers around $379.

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well after hearing what you say Nomad, hopefully I won't have to deal with the factory. I put 150 rounds though my PM9 of FMJ and golden sabers. No problems whatsoever.

Was yours failing to feed or what?

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Well after hearing what you say Nomad, hopefully I won't have to deal with the factory. I put 150 rounds though my PM9 of FMJ and golden sabers. No problems whatsoever.

Was yours failing to feed or what?

Feed, eject, or extract.

It was so rare as to be shocking when I'd get a single mag through it with no problems.
    (3 new factory mags)

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    It's these kinds of stories about Kahr, especially their polymer-framed pistols, that keep me from getting one. Overall, it seems that the metal-framed models are a lot better (K9, MK9, etc), but even then I'm iffy about it.

What about Walther's PPS? I know they had (and maybe still have) some issues at first, but I'm considering one of these in 9mm for a single stack carry piece.

Depending on your build, "thin" may be more important than "small". My first choice would be a Glock 26, and I plan to get one, but I can't conceal that with everything that I wear because of its thickness. I'm a small guy though (5'6", 125 lbs), the OP may not have this problem. :D

GClifton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Chenal, La.
    Well I ordered the Kahr CW9 from Bud's Police Supply today, price $373.00 which includes shipping.

I'm reading more good than bad regarding the CW9 on different forums. I had already did a little research on the Taurus 709 slim, with more bad than good reports. But I think you could google any handgun and find negatives on the different forums. I personally have never had any problems with handguns, keep them clean and lightly oiled and they work, pistols and revolvers .

Thanks guys for all the replies. :)

Greg

TonyT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    I carried a Glock 36 in 45 ACP for a while but found it was difficult for me to ceonceal reliably under all circumstances. I finally opted for a Kahr PM-9 which I carry in a pocket holster. My PM-9 has been totally reliable and surprisingly accurate. I can easilly place 6 shots into a 3 inch group at 7 to 10 yards.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom