Smith and wesson M&P pistols??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Young_gun7

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kenner Louisiana
    I'm into glocks and sa xd's. Lately I'm thinking about getting a m&p either in 40 or 45. Are they worth it? Trigger looks weird on them. My xdm 45c was going to be my carry but it feels too bulky and heavy.

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Trigger is very similar to a glock. I like the options with the m&p like safety. I'd rate them equal to a glock but glock has a much larger market. Very utilitarian pistol and very simple.

I have my g23 gen 4 and the girlfriend has her m&p 9c. I will likely be picking up a m&p 9 full size with how much I like here.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Take a look at the Shield if you are looking for a good CC gun. I don't own one yet, but I got to play with one a couple of weeks ago and it really finalized my decision to get one. I did bunch of research and I pretty much narrowed down my search to a M&P Shield, Beretta Nano, and the Glock 26. For me, the Shield is the best option. As for their full size models...they are nice too. I like the feel of them a little more than the Glocks, but I don't know much about how the reliability compared, although I would imagine it to be quite similar.

Jason0341

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 13, 2013
    Metairie
    This is my Gen4 Glock19 and my M&P Shield 9mm.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375111910.285645.jpg
    For spring and summer I have decided to carry the Shield over the 19. I have installed some XS Big Dot sights on the Shield and may upgrade to the Apex trigger kit later on. As for now I am completely satisfied with going with the Shield over the Glock26 for my EDC.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375111997.317758.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375111960.201409.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375111972.034413.jpg

Labadie

WFPD
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    BR
    Take a look at the Shield if you are looking for a good CC gun. I don't own one yet, but I got to play with one a couple of weeks ago and it really finalized my decision to get one. I did bunch of research and I pretty much narrowed down my search to a M&P Shield, Beretta Nano, and the Glock 26. For me, the Shield is the best option. As for their full size models...they are nice too. I like the feel of them a little more than the Glocks, but I don't know much about how the reliability compared, although I would imagine it to be quite similar.

Buy the Shield 9 or 40 you will love it. Comes with a great trigger, great CCW gun, great warranty, great accessories and goes bang every time which is most important. I carry shield 40 every where I can.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    It has the capacity to have the best trigger of all the striker-fired guns on the market.

Out of the box, it's the worst.

An APEX kit is fairly cheap and easy to drop in. THat's the solution for almost everybody, and will make it about 85% of perfect. If you don't mind the added cost-- go with the M&P and plan on one of the APEX kits, to suit your liking.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    It looks like you keep making threads asking for advice in handguns. My advice would be to try shooting your next one more than twice before you decide you can't get accustomed to it. The problem likely isn't the pistol, it is your lack of time with it and skill level.

Young_gun7

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kenner Louisiana
    Good advice everyone.
    Jack... I'm accustomed to every gun I own. 9 40 and 45 glocks and springfield xdm. I've never shot a m&p and will try to get a rental soon. Comparing the xds and shield at the local shop, the shield feels much more comfortable in my hand. the xds grip is very aggressive similar to my xdm. I am eager to see how one shoots.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Good advice everyone.
    Jack... I'm accustomed to every gun I own. 9 40 and 45 glocks and springfield xdm. I've never shot a m&p and will try to get a rental soon. Comparing the xds and shield at the local shop, the shield feels much more comfortable in my hand. the xds grip is very aggressive similar to my xdm. I am eager to see how one shoots.

Oh, I thought you said you were selling a gun because you couldn't get accustomed to the grip in another thread.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom