Snopes confirmation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    That didn't even make any sense in the context of this thread... If you would have researched you would actually know what you're talking about.

Right ....I don't know what I'm talking about. And apparently I can't manage to remember the dictum about wrestling with pigs.

Maybe you can tell me the part I have wrong:

An acknowledged Obama supporter, who is an outspoken supporter of the ACLU and its so-called first amendment "free speech" policies, takes exception to a campaign-related message on a sign owned by a private businessman. The free speech supporter takes it upon himself to contact the home office of the company whose products are sold by the independent agent and tattle about the message that disparages his preferred candidate.

The tattle tale's admits that he was motivated by his being a supporter of Obama, but offers as a rationale the fact that "is anal about statistics" (though statistics weren't quoted in the campaign-related message which so grievously offended him). He then adds that his tattling is "just doing his civic duty" (even though the accuracy of the sign's message had already been addressed by Snopes).

The more I think about it, Penguin is right .... and I'm completely wrong about the State Farm sign. Silly ole me. I thought it was a humorous poke at a political candidate. I think I'll contact Kentucky Fried Chicken and complain about the "Hillary Special - Two Small Breasts and a Fat Thigh" sign.

Or did you beat me to it ?

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    While I do not support Obama, the sign WAS inaccurate, those quotes could not be attributed to him, so the sign did need to come down.....

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Right ....I don't know what I'm talking about. And apparently I can't manage to remember the dictum about wrestling with pigs.

Maybe you can tell me the part I have wrong:

An acknowledged Obama supporter, who is an outspoken supporter of the ACLU and its so-called first amendment "free speech" policies, takes exception to a campaign-related message on a sign owned by a private businessman. The free speech supporter takes it upon himself to contact the home office of the company whose products are sold by the independent agent and tattle about the message that disparages his preferred candidate.

The tattle tale's admits that he was motivated by his being a supporter of Obama, but offers as a rationale the fact that "is anal about statistics" (though statistics weren't quoted in the campaign-related message which so grievously offended him). He then adds that his tattling is "just doing his civic duty" (even though the accuracy of the sign's message had already been addressed by Snopes).

The more I think about it, Penguin is right .... and I'm completely wrong about the State Farm sign. Silly ole me. I thought it was a humorous poke at a political candidate. I think I'll contact Kentucky Fried Chicken and complain about the "Hillary Special - Two Small Breasts and a Fat Thigh" sign.

Or did you beat me to it ?

If you would actually...ahem...research, you'll see which sign I was referring to and why it was wrong. To say "even though the accuracy of the sign's message had already been addressed by Snopes" is incorrect. The sign to which I'm referring to was already discussed on this site, was proven to be incorrect and THEN someone posted the article on snopes. Had you done even a scintilla of research, you would have already known that. Heck, you're not even discussing the right sign that I am talking about and to which I addressed my inquiry to SF.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Osama%20Obama.jpg

Obama_Osama_Yeswecan.jpg

Top Bottom