So. Angry.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...29024/Minden-woman-shot-head?odyssey=nav|head

I met Sara through a mutual friend a long time ago. Although this was before Myspace and FB so I really didn't keep in touch with her, this senseless act is weighing heavily on me.

****ing ape bought a handgun with the intent of killing someone, and went out and shot down a four foot ten white mother just because he felt like it.

Attempted? He MEANT to kill, so why attempted? He wanted to kill someone, so 1st degree fits. I'm sure there won't be any Skittle & Arizona Tea marches for Sara, but I'll be sure to call Grambling and SUSLA today to see if they're still in the mood after their Trayvon "rallies".

He shot her and just calmly walked away, gave a full confession. No remorse by his actions, no remorse on his booking photo.

I wish nothing but the worst for this bastard.

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    Condolences go out to family and friends. I will never understand why our judicial system has charges like attempted 1st and 2nd degree murder. If you attempt to kill someone and fail shame on you. They just need to put that SOB down so tax payers won't have to pay to house, feed, and cloth him.

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    Sorry to hear about this senseless violence you friend has gone through. I doubt this will get any national media attention for some reason though. Prayers to you and your friends families.

Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    Condolences go out to family and friends. I will never understand why our judicial system has charges like attempted 1st and 2nd degree murder. If you attempt to kill someone and fail shame on you. They just need to put that SOB down so tax payers won't have to pay to house, feed, and cloth him.

$80,000 year to house an inmate.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    The can't pin 1st degree because it has to be pre-meditated. In his answer to police he said he shot her because she didn't give him the answer he wanted when he asked for help. Given how it all went down, I'm sure he'll go for an insanity plea. At that point I hope someone does some vigilante justice on him because people have no business breathing the same air as us.

My condolences to you and her friends and family.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Very sorry, man. :(

This admitted menace to society deserves to leave this world- and I'll leave it at that.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Woods “didn’t try to hide his involvement” in the shooting, Cropper said. But when asked why he did it, Woods reportedly said Bailey, whom he encountered on a sidewalk, “didn’t give him the answer he wanted” when he asked for help. Woods didn’t elaborate on what type of assistance he sought.
    Yea, that is pretty damned sick.

Prayers sent for her, and her friends.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    $80,000 x 20 years on death row = $1.6M, plus whatever lethal injection costs...

vs.

20 cents for a .45ACP FMJ round(don't need to waste extra on HP, IMO, I'm talking execution style).

Sorry to hear about this garbage, man, and I believe you when you say that nothing will come of it in the media like this Trayvon/Zimmerman crap.

Knave

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    1st degree in Louisiana law requires specific intent to kill plus other factors, enumerated in the statute. 2nd Degree requires specific intent minus those other factors, OR certain factors from 1st degree without specific intent. Also, if she survived the attack that would explain why it was charged as an attempt?

Last edited:

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    someone that poses this kind of threat needs to be done in, period. he has no place in civilized society. hope she recovers, man.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    The can't pin 1st degree because it has to be pre-meditated. In his answer to police he said he shot her because she didn't give him the answer he wanted when he asked for help. Given how it all went down, I'm sure he'll go for an insanity plea. At that point I hope someone does some vigilante justice on him because people have no business breathing the same air as us.

My condolences to you and her friends and family.

1st Degree doesn't have to be premeditated. There is a long list of reasons that allow them to charge with 1st. If they have tangible proof he had set out to shoot someone else (probable since he was armed and I bet asking where somebody lived), then that allows them to prosecute under the law. More than one person = 1st degree.

If drugs were involved, 1st degree. There's more here:

http://www.babcockpartners.com/resources/statutes/louisiana-first-degree-murder-law

Prayers for your friend and her family, LGD. Remember, they charged him with something that allows them to hold him while they investigate. Additional charges are always, always, always a possibility.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    1st Degree doesn't have to be premeditated. There is a long list of reasons that allow them to charge with 1st. If they have tangible proof he had set out to shoot someone else (probable since he was armed and I bet asking where somebody lived), then that allows them to prosecute under the law. More than one person = 1st degree.

If drugs were involved, 1st degree. There's more here:

http://www.babcockpartners.com/resources/statutes/louisiana-first-degree-murder-law

Prayers for your friend and her family, LGD. Remember, they charged him with something that allows them to hold him while they investigate. Additional charges are always, always, always a possibility.

I didn't know that. Thanks, Cat!

Top Bottom