So....How many of you are in the position to carry at work (I.E., on the job)?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G

gunguy11

Concealed means concealed.
    Lsu dean stated if anyone; I assume trying to frighten me when I confronted him... Is caught carrying a firearm on campus at all will be arrested, gun confiscated and prosecuted with am emphasis to the FULLEST extent.
    Mine remains in the car but I do carry a knife...... If that helps.

Andrew50300

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Uptown NO
    Not sure what our official company-wide policy is (as far as I know its a don't ask don't tell thing), but my office manager has no problem with me doing it. I always have a pistol with me and if I'm working more than an hour or so away from home I'll throw a bag with a long gun or two in the truck. We had an incident with a former employee a while back and over the span of a few days the police were called twice. The first time they never showed up, the second time they came an hour or so later. I OCed around the office and kept an AK and 870 by my desk for a couple weeks after that. No one in the office gave it a second look, but it did freak out a couple vendors.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Concealed means concealed.

In an ideal world, yes. All it takes is for someone to see it printing on my shirt, call the cops, then I'm out of a job and school. I don't have the money to press the issue about my 2nd amendment rights against the university.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Concealed may mean concealed but federal law + xray machines and metal detectors say otherwise. No carrying at work for me.

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Concealed may mean concealed but federal law + xray machines and metal detectors say otherwise. No carrying at work for e.

Yeah, but there's no federal law prohibiting campus carry. Just ******** higher-ups in the university thinking they're covering their asses by posting those signs. Lol, wait until something happens to me and I'm unarmed because of their ignorance.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Lsu dean stated if anyone; I assume trying to frighten me when I confronted him... Is caught carrying a firearm on campus at all will be arrested, gun confiscated and prosecuted with am emphasis to the FULLEST extent.

I'd have been really tempted to remind him that if- God Forbid- a maniac were to ever try the unthinkable, he wouldn't ask his permission first. :dunno:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I'd have been really tempted to remind him that if- God Forbid- a maniac were to ever try the unthinkable, he wouldn't ask his permission first. :dunno:

Listen to this mindless, right-wing dribble. Of course they will! Criminals, by definition, uphold the laws and only do legal things. Lol, silly heat.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Concealed may mean concealed but federal law + xray machines and metal detectors say otherwise. No carrying at work for me.

I'm going to ASSUME that you're in a plant of some sorts, and probably the chances of you ever needing a handgun would be slim to none.

However, on a school campus, as well all know from history, at some point in time there could be a credible threat to your safety that would necessitate the procurement of a handgun.

A DB9 fits in the back pocket... just sayin.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I do! And encourage ALL my employees to get the CHP, and to learn how to handle firearms and arm themselves at home. There are more then one of us carrying at all times.

Yesterday's episode here could have easlily turned ugly for my guys and girls downstairs had that clown run inside here instead of deciding to climb a tree. :mamoru:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I have and do conceal.

My last company had no policy, and I just didn't ask. Concealed means concealed. I made sure to never create a situation where it became an issue, dressed appropriately and ensured it was concealed. If my pants are on, so's a holster.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I do! And encourage ALL my employees to get the CHP, and to learn how to handle firearms and arm themselves at home. There are more then one of us carrying at all times.

Yesterday's episode here could have easlily turned ugly for my guys and girls downstairs had that clown run inside here instead of deciding to climb a tree. :mamoru:

Good man, right here.

And I think Shady makes a great point, FWIW.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Listen to this mindless, right-wing dribble. Of course they will! Criminals, by definition, uphold the laws and only do legal things. Lol, silly heat.

My bad. We should always assume there is an inherit goodness in the hearts of others. :kiss:

Ok, on second thought- f**k that.

Guilty as charged! :thumbsup:

:dogkeke:

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette

I'd rather be prosecuted than dead.

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    I always carry at work. My boss was in the Marine Corp, and we talk about guns/defense/politics/etc daily.

There are only a few guys in my office, which is a commercial shotgun double. We leave the doors unlocked during business hours when we are there, and I am upstairs. And only one staircase down. And it's in Mid City. No reason not to have it with me.

Top Bottom