So I bought a Jeep...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    It's a 99 XJ Cherokee 2wd. I was wondering a couple things. First, does anyone know a good, relatively inexpensive bumper/grille guard? I would like something to catch deer that's not my hood. Second, anyone really familliar with working on one of these? It's got a few bugs I'd like to work out since this is my new DD.

Thanks guys and gals

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Jeep has a great community/fanbase. I would go to some jeep related forums I'm sure you can find every issue addressed.

My cousin has a Cherokee limited and he thinks working on everything is fairly straight forward.

crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    What engine you got, the 4.0? What kinda bugs you having?

Yup, it's the 4.0 I6. Little stuff like the blinker dash light stays on constant when you turn the headlights on. And the turn signals blink rapidly even though the bulbs are good. One of the two power outlets doesn't work, already checked fuses. Parking lights left front don't work, but they will blink when i turn the blinker on. Mainly electrical stuff.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    i have a 01 xj 4wd. they definitely are addicting. i need to stop buying guns so i can start saving up to do some mods to it. im no mechanic but ive even found its been pretty straight forward to work on. go to autozone or somewhere and get a haynes manual for the cherokee/comanchee. pretty much goes through everything from general maintenance to brakes transmission and engine. check out these sites too. tons of info.

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/

http://www.jeepforum.com/

oh btw i forget what years it is but some are prone to their head cracking. best thing you can do is since its going to be getting cold out soon is let it warm up for a couple minutes before you drive

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I just bought my buddy's 2wd 99 WJ limited today! Im officially on my 3rd jeep. I had(still have) a 00 XJ...heres what put her to sleep:

[video=facebook;10150183041541891]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150183041541891[/video]

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    as in the bulb? Or the electronic piece that makes them flash?

Had an '88 Cherokee. If I remember correctly, the flasher is a round part plugged into the top of the fuse block under the dash. I'm sure you can find a diagram somewhere on the "Net." I don't think I have the Clymer manual for that vehicle anymore. It is most likely the cause of your lack of flash, and it is cheap to change.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Check the little "connections" on the bulb itself. Mine had a hell of a problem with actually burning through the little connections - new bulbs every 5K miles or so was always in order.

-Dave

GOAT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    New Orleans
    I was thinking about getting a grill guard for my Ram. I asked the people at this body shop and they told me that those grill guards will cause more damage to the vehicle than what you would hit. I would ask around at body shops for a after market dealer if you are still interested.

Top Bottom