So I went on A camping trip this weekend...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustyk70

Shamed Liberty
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Leesville, La./ Morocco
    Last edited:

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    It was the third almost semi-annual campout and they are always a great time with the DSRL guys.
    If you have a motorcycle, and it doesn't have to be a dual sport, then that is a great forum to join. One DSRL member at the campout was from British Columbia, Canada (over there by Alaska).
    DSRL guys usually meet for dinner weekly and have a very active group of riders. They do dinners, tech days, campouts, track days, road trips, day trips, etc. Check out www.dualsportridersoflouisiana.com for more.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    These are kinda definitive:

img1271pg.jpg

This one is from the first campout, in 2009.
    The guy who rode this drove in with that AR slung on his back, with a pistol in a shoulder rig under each arm (one .44 and one .50, IIRC). MEM ain't got nothin on him.
    tedfirstcampout.jpg

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    BTW, I didn't bring my bikes up this time, just truck, tents, guns, supplies. Some people didn't even own bikes. Some didn't shoot.

Reveille was bird bombs. I just rolled over and went back to sleep.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    My brother is a member of www.dualsportridersoflouisiana.com and they sponsored a small get together this weekend and it ended up being about 25 persons at a camp in southwest Mississippi. Check out their thread and the pics here. http://www.dualsportridersoflouisia...1374-2011-Spring-Camp-out&p=130502#post130502 I personally shot 450 rounds of .40, 150 rounds of .17 and my daughter shot about 400 rounds of .22. All I can say is "when is the next camping trip?"

Your poor daughter was the only girl there. She looked like she had fun, though.
    I remember her ringing some targets from a pretty good distance.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    You can tell this guy is used to shooting ARs. I'll bet he didn't shoot all 20 rounds with the stock in that position.

IMGP0192.jpg

Top Bottom