So... Im Fat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Apparently it reduces their patrons to tears and uncontrollable vomiting.

Though the vomiting would probably help with reaching weight loss goals.

It's not a good workout if you don't vomit at some point.

Crying helps them lose water weight, too. It's a good thing.

superscar17

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Broussard
    i work on a ship 5 weeks at a time. Caloric intake is everything. It doesn't matter if you eat white rice - or deep fried turkey legs. If you can limit your intake to less than 1500 calories a day ... regardless of what you spend those calories on - you will lose weight.

Now ..the calculations as to your particular mode of exercise (swimming probably being the best particular form being you do indeed use every muscle with minimal stress and maximum effort) and how many you are actually burning - you can add or take away food and adjust accordingly.

You may as well give up fried anything for the most part though. Boiled crawfish/shrimp/crabs are excellent sources of great protein with very few calories and good unsaturated fats. Grains are good sources of energy, but very cheap calories.

IF you are working out ..red meat is your friend and 6oz should be plenty. Concentrate on grilled fish ...salmon, halibut, redfish, yellowfin, bluefin, etc. Less cooking - better for you.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I think the one in Baton Rouge, on Florida, has free weights but they have this thing called a "Lunk Alarm". Basically an alarm goes off for any one grunting, as part of their "No Intimidation" policy. Search YouTube for Lunk Alarm.

About the lamest thing I have ever heard of. It is not a voluntary reaction when you release the air from your lungs using the last bit of effort to hit that last rep, everyone putting in max effort makes some sort of "grunt" when they hit their limit, if they remembered to take a breath...

Crossfit can help with both of those. True story.

Agreed.

i work on a ship 5 weeks at a time. Caloric intake is everything. It doesn't matter if you eat white rice - or deep fried turkey legs. If you can limit your intake to less than 1500 calories a day ... regardless of what you spend those calories on - you will lose weight.

Now ..the calculations as to your particular mode of exercise (swimming probably being the best particular form being you do indeed use every muscle with minimal stress and maximum effort) and how many you are actually burning - you can add or take away food and adjust accordingly.

You may as well give up fried anything for the most part though. Boiled crawfish/shrimp/crabs are excellent sources of great protein with very few calories and good unsaturated fats. Grains are good sources of energy, but very cheap calories.

IF you are working out ..red meat is your friend and 6oz should be plenty. Concentrate on grilled fish ...salmon, halibut, redfish, yellowfin, bluefin, etc. Less cooking - better for you.

I would die on that diet. Based on my activity level and current weight my maintenance was calculated at 3200-3500 calories! (by a nutritionist) I don't count calories, but I eat a ton of meat. I fill the plate up 1/2 veggies, 1/2 meat. Sometimes I eat fish or shrimp, but I will just be hungry in an hour or less and then eat some real meat...

My goals are not centered around losing weight, I have actually gained some weight over periods while my size continued to go down. My wife hasn't quite got use to the gaining weight but getting skinnier thing...

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I've been thinking about picking up insanity I've had it downloaded for awhile now but it was just to burn some cd's for a friend that wanted to start it.

Anyone ever try Insanity?

superscar17

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Broussard
    i was just trying to give a good starting point is all based on losing weight first. its important to get the good fats as it keeps your body in fat burning mode (good fats - seafood, avocados, unprocessed nuts - NOT PEANUTS).

most people do indeed need many more than 1500 calories - those calories ...the 1500 starting point should be spread over 4 smaller meals and adding accordingly according to activity.

For instance ..running a mile = about 500 calories.

so ... to maintain a healthy caloric intake you would start at 1500 (to lose about 1/8th-1/4 pound daily) and then calculate what activity you do - add the proper caloric intake for each activity ... so

if you planned on running a mile you would add 500 calories to your 1500 cal base diet.

Now ... you can do it much more efficiently if you add certain supplements such as redbull or xenedrine or whatever - but i dont recommend it until you have changed your diet to suit your needs. Even a nutritionalist cannot predict or even assume what you may or may not like to eat or how much activity you really do in a day. Be honest with yourself. I think thats the most important aspect.

I broke my neck ..and became fat as hell ... took me about a month to adjust to the changes in my diet - but it works. Its also important to take a day from the week and eat the **** you really "used" to like. Believe me - you will feel like a turd after eating it. I know it doesn't make sense initially, but eating the ******** you once ate serves as a reminder of why you were the person you were before you chose to do the healthy thing. Your body will tell you ..believe me it will.

Last edited:

superscar17

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Broussard
    I must apologize .. jogging at 5mph you burn about 1100 calories / hour ... running ..actually running at 7mph you burn about 1600/hour.

thats just a widely known average. one exerts about 4x's the energy running than walking. way to mislead the question. FYI ..that calculation is walking.

Last edited:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    thats just a widely known average. one exerts about 4x's the energy running than walking. way to mislead the question. FYI ..that calculation is walking.

Yeah it's from a bad website that I found in 2 minutes off google. It's a 12-minute pace which isn't far from what a lot of runners are pulling. Who besides you knows of this "widely known average"? As an average adult male (160 lbs) I burn right at 120 calories per mile running at a 10-minute pace. Going faster it is a little bit more but nowhere even close to 500 calories. Please do actual research before you post bad advice.

Source: I just trained up for a marathon over 9 months. I'm pretty sure if I was taking in an extra 500 calories/mile I trained I would be as big as a house.

ETA: oh and the numbers you posted when you edited it are still way high. Do your research. Don't go off of "well known averages".

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Cool, so how many calories do I burn doing Week 2, Day 1 of the Hatch Squat program with doing this:

AMRAP in 15 Minutes of:

10 Knees-to-Elbow

14 KB Snatch 45/30#

18 Wall Ball 20/14# 10/9′

between the back squats and front squats?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Wait a second, you can't use free weights at PF? I am sure they would be pissed when I drop a Clean and Jerk or Snatch from above my head. I don't know how you can have effective strength programming without free weights, body weight exorcises are great, but can only go so far.
    :rofl:

most globos would because 99% of them don't have bumpers.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Cool, so how many calories do I burn doing Week 2, Day 1 of the Hatch Squat program with doing this:

AMRAP in 15 Minutes of:

10 Knees-to-Elbow

14 KB Snatch 45/30#

18 Wall Ball 20/14# 10/9′

between the back squats and front squats?

OVER 9000!!!!!!!!

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I must apologize .. jogging at 5mph you burn about 1100 calories / hour
    Yes, if you weigh about 300 pounds

... running ..actually running at 7mph you burn about 1600/hour.
    Let's assume this is correct. At 7 minutes you could run a mile in about 0.12 hours, 0.12h/mi X 1600cal/h = 187 cal/mi. This is pretty far from 500 cal/mi.

that's just a widely known average.
    Average? What, the 300 pound part?

one exerts about 4x's the energy running than walking.
    Yes, on a time basis you burn more calories running than walking. More work over the same period of time. Because science.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom