So maybe the Glock 26 is more concealable than the Glock 19

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Who would have thunk it?

I'm just putting around the house, no belt but I've got my holster clamped on my (dress) pants so I know it will get better, but man the butt of the pistol feels like it is sticking out SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far when I reach back and touch it.

I bet you can stand behind me and tell it is a gun. Mind you I'm not wearing one of my carry shirts, too short and a bit too tight, but still. I'm going to have to lose a lot of weight or find some baggier shirts. Length wise it isn't that bad at all.

PS: it feels good to be a part of carry threads again yay!

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    The holster has a fwd cant of 15 degrees, but I'm not wearing a belt as I have no intentions of leaving the house tonight. We'll see how it does tomorrow. This is the biggest gun I've ever concealed, so there is a learning curve.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I started out with a Ruger P 90, like hiding a boat anchor...been dropping eversince, Glock 23 > Glock 26 now I have started pocket carryn a 3PAT at times.

Slingshot may be next

Nobody knows...people are just blind to CC. I have had a 23 under a dollar store T shirt countless times, not a word

I keep going smaller for weight

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    It's all in the holster, I've carried a FULL size M&P 9 with a streamlight tlr1 for well over 2 years without issues.

Recently made the switch to compact 9 because of comfort but no issue on that one either, I carry 2 full size spare mags on my belt as well and they don't bother me

That being said I hate holsters w a can't, straight drop makes more sense to me

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have carried both extensively and still do.

Yes, the G26 is "more concealable", definitely;

BUT,

The G19 is more "steady" in most IWB's.

Try to find a GALCO "Scout" for your G26.

Congrats,

leVieux

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I didn't use pinky extensions because the 26 shot like a dream just by curling my finger underneath.

Have you thought about the GAP floor plates for the G26 mags? They increase your "grippiness" with a little 'beak' below the 2nd finger. Helps with drawing, too. I carry mine @ 3:00 in a Remora holster. I just got a Remora for my 19 (yesterday) and seriously don't find it sticks out too noticeably @ 3:00, either. Haven't been truly out-and-about with the 19 but so far, so good....

Top Bottom