So my wife gets on a train today bound for texas.Update Post #52.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I did plenty of walking on tracks when I was a kid, but you can hear a train a fair distance away. Maybe the others were ok because she pushed them out of the way and got wacked herself. I was thinking about that and what could have been happening. Of course this is giving her the benefit of the doubt, but if I were in that situation, I'd probably have been trying to get especially the little kids out of the way, even at my peril. Just another way to look at it...of course, all speculation.

I guess the easiest way is to just ask the 19 year old that was injured what happened. Of course we'll probably never hear the rest of the story.
    ~rc~
    The conductor said the guys cleared the track and the girl dident and one of the guys doubled back trying to make the girl move thereby getting himself hit also.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    LOL - Not being a smart ass but.... Where's he gonna run? It's not like the authorities won't know who did it. Stopping is the wise thing to do. The engineer will probably be drug tested, debriefed, etc. The people run over should be drug tested also. Just saying.

They were waiting on a replacement for the conductor.Terry said he looked horrified coming back to the train after viewing the impact site.

Robin Vercher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    The woman, Kristal, is my cousin. She died trying to save her 19 yr. old autistic son from being hit by a train. He is legally blind. He was running on the track away from the train. His disability kept him from understanding that he couldn't outrun the train. His mother was ahead of him off the tracks. When she realized what he was doing she started running toward him in the direction of the train. She pushed him aside at the last second. Her last act on this earth was the selfless act of a mother. She saved him. He broke his back. The witnesses were her 2 daughters and her boyfriend. Please pray for her, her 3 children, and the rest of our family.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    The woman, Kristal, is my cousin. She died trying to save her 19 yr. old autistic son from being hit by a train. He is legally blind. He was running on the track away from the train. His disability kept him from understanding that he couldn't outrun the train. His mother was ahead of him off the tracks. When she realized what he was doing she started running toward him in the direction of the train. She pushed him aside at the last second. Her last act on this earth was the selfless act of a mother. She saved him. He broke his back. The witnesses were her 2 daughters and her boyfriend. Please pray for her, her 3 children, and the rest of our family.
    Prayers sent.Thanks for the rest of the story.

J

jayd

Maybe the others were ok because she pushed them out of the way and got wacked herself..... .
    I'd probably have been trying to get especially the little kids out of the way, even at my peril. Just another way to look at it...of course, all speculation.

~rc~

Looks like you called it right back in April bronzdragon

Top Bottom