So So Experience at Jefferson Gun Outlet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreco15

The Zebra
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    He didn't say no you want a glock. :) I don't see anything wrong with someone working in a gun shop to recommend one ccw over another. If you have people coming in all day that want to carry .500 s&w, you shouldn't take it the wrong way when you are shown a gun that is a bit more popular ccw that's all.

Recommendations should be asked for. If the customer comes in with a particular something in mind, give them what they want.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Myself and my lady went to Jefferson Gun Outlet today, looking for a .357 revolver and giving another look at the FNP-45.

When asked what we were looking for, I told them a .357 revolver for her to carry and that she wants one in a 4". One guy pulls out an Airweight S&W and says, "This is a concealed carry revolver. You don't want to carry anything larger. Also, in .357 it's to much to handle in a small frame." That's about that point where is was ready to leave and I'm thinking, "You're a prick."

If my woman wants to carry a .357 4" revolver, then she will and shoot it well with practice.

I can see both sides of this. First off, I agree that you should have been shown what you asked to see. Afterward, if I'd been the guy, I would have asked if you were open to it and shown you other options and attempted to fill in any gaps in your firearm knowledge so that you could make a decision as an informed buyer.

Let's face it, the guy behind the counter probably sees a lot more uninformed or misinformed buyers than he does people who have done their homework before coming in. I'd also wager those same people come back and want to trade into something they should have been shown and/or bought to begin with. Maybe the guy was simply trying to save you both the hassle.

If your woman is average size, he may have assumed the weight and/or recoil from a 4" 357 would have been a little much. A medium frame 4" revo can weigh 2.5 pounds whereas the Airweight he showed you probably weighed less than a pound. I have heard of guys buying a gun like that for their woman only to have it sit at home because they are scared of it.

Good luck.

nomadicdread

Apr 1, 2010
    Seattle
    I think it all depends on what the gun goes with. I think he was just keeping in mind the warmer weather and trying to keep things light. It might be a great idea to consider at least four weapons, one for each season. Hurricane season is right around the corner and the consensus opinion is that magnums aren't going to do a thing for hurricane attire.

I'm not sure if my Pro Carry II is going to match my PFD.

Hardballing

Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    So the moral of the story is that at stores (any) there are people who don't know fully what they are selling? Or have poor sales skills? Or would rather speak than listen?

Shocking! :)

Just efffing with ya. Lighten up.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom