So who all has made us of the Hunting tax free weekend?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    I just got back from heading over to Bass Pro and grabbing me a few new goodies. They had a deal if you signed up for a credit card you gained an extra 10% off for up to a $1500 purchase.

eliska

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    New Orleans
    Bought some ammo at Wal-mart. I guess that 4% off helped, but hardly worth the hassle of explaining to the workers what the Second Amendment is. I guess I should view it as a teachable moment . . .

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Bought some ammo at Wal-mart. I guess that 4% off helped, but hardly worth the hassle of explaining to the workers what the Second Amendment is. I guess I should view it as a teachable moment . . .

Total cost should be same as original cost with 0 tax included. In Walker that would equate to a 9.5% savings.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I hate you again mickey, just in case you forgot LOL :)

Damn it... i forgot to send you that pic!!!!!!!!!:rofl:
    here you go....
    hou7qxl3155r0vovm4g2.jpg

Last edited:

msuitepyon

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Went to Cabelas. Grabbed two AR mags and 200 rounds of .223.

Kind of contemplating using my $20 coupon on a 10/22 (and maybe getting more off by signing up for Cabelas club card)...

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    i still need to grab some more ammo. i ended up with a Browning bps 12 ga and a sig p229 equinox. still replacing all my katrina guns i lost.

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Picked up a Henry Mini Bolt 22 for my daughter and one of those Cannon safes from Tractor Supply. Have to go back to TS tomorrow though to get my tax refund. Despite my protestations to the contrary, at checkout, they "schooled me" on the fact that only the state tax (4%)was waived and they insisted that they must collect the local taxes, It wasn't until I got home, called the manager back and had him read along with me from the Dept. of Revenue website that he finally realized he was wrong. To his credit though, at that point he apologized and said he would refund me as soon as I came back by.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I picked up a Yugo Underfolder Ak that I've been eyeballing for a while...

and since I was there, I satisfied another fetish....a Saiga 12ga

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    picked up an XDM 45 from Dave Sledge at Gun Sports in Denham and a buddy picked up a G19 from Cabelas and got the $150 gift card that recently came in the mail activated and turned around and used it for a TLR-1s.

shot both pistols last night at the BP range. really impressed with the XDM, shot about 150 rounds of WWB with no issues whatsoever and it is very accurate to boot.

JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    On Jeffersongun's website they list the Ruger LCP for $289. I am thinking about going over there and getting it if its the case.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Got a Plum Crazy, few hundred rounds of range ammo, a couple more G17 magazines, a few trinkets for my ARs, and some extra cleaning supplies.

Thanks to a couple of super fine BS members, I saved a good bit of money on other things in FTF deals. Who needs a tax free weekend with great sellers like that?!

Top Bottom