So who else held onto their AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Didn't have one before the scare, now I do. Thanks to WalMart. My wife said I should sell it like others for double the money. Good idea, but if I did that and couldn't find another one, it wouldn't be worth it. I've made the mistake of selling guns before; I will never sell another one.

Fracture_U

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have held on to mine since the day she was born in my shop... December 9th 2012. And, she is still a virgin, just not something I am proud of. I would much have rather had the chance to put some rounds through it, but for some reason I CAN'T FIND ANY AMMO!!!!!
    edt: I have some Herters now, just not too sure about using steel for "the first time".

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I sold my 6.8 upper for just a little over what I paid for it, tossed in a poly lower, couple of mags and around 50 rounds of ammo. Worked out well, friend of mine got a killer deal on an AR, and I got a Remington 1911 with the proceeds.

Heck, back before the ammo crazyness, ammo for that gun was around $1 a round. Too much for me. I sure miss my M&P 5.56 AR. Horrible houseboat accident. :eek3::)

Last edited:

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Took possession of a Wilson AR right before the craziness started.
    It sits with the other 2 in the safe.
    Never sell a firearm except to fund another gun project.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Still got my Mk12, the wife's middy, our two 6.8s, 1 built lower, and 1 stripped lower. Will be picking up some deals to add to the collection when people start worrying about paying their credit card bills. ;)

thesamunit

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    since the "assault weapons ban" has been removed from the proposed bill (as well as the high capacity magazine ban), there's probably not going to be a reason to sell our AR...unless you were one of those people that bought an overpriced AR hoping to make a buck off of scared people in a state of panic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom