SOG Blades

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well, its been almost a month and i havent heard anything from them yet.
    They don't look at the form submissions from what I can tell. I waited a month and nothing happened. I emailed their customer service and had a clip at my house two days later.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just got my first SOG(Trident TiNi ) for my birthday recently(thanks to my wife :) . Solid lockup, lightweight and fast opening. I love the deep carry pocket clip, really can't tell there's a 3.75" bladed knife hanging out in my pocket. My friend uses his Aegis everyday at work(oilfield shop), and a Flash II. I love the AUS8 blade steel and for a $50 knife it's well made.

Next will be an Aegis or Seal Pup.
    Go with the Seal Team Elite. You will thank me later :)

noobie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Bossier City LA
    Ive had, and carried a SOG twitch 2 and I love the thing, ive taken it down to big lake for red fish multiple times and it still flips out fast and cuts what it needs to even with the little bit of rust!! I also own their spear point throwing knives which I love! overall, great company in my eyes!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Over 3 months later...... still have not heard anything. 3 emails and a request for new clip via their site. SOG...... I'm disappointed in you.
    Did you email their customer service email? If so, that's crazy. Every time I have interacted with them they have responded the very next day. They should have a customer service phone number you can call. What email are you mailing them at?

When it comes to multi tools, skip the hype and go straight to the best. Leatherman Wave.
    They are very similar. I have two different leatherman multi-tools and they are decent. I bought a SOG one around December or so and it is the same quality of the Wave. All in all, they are pretty similar, but I feel like the SOG has better built tools on it. If you haven't tried their multi-tools, I will say that the compound leverage really makes a difference. Also, I like how the tools are all under the flip up handle thing.

Ive had, and carried a SOG twitch 2 and I love the thing, ive taken it down to big lake for red fish multiple times and it still flips out fast and cuts what it needs to even with the little bit of rust!! I also own their spear point throwing knives which I love! overall, great company in my eyes!
    I don't really have a use for their throwing knives, but they look OK. For throwing knives, I prefer ones that do not have sharpened sides so you don't cut your finger (or risk cutting your finger). As for EDC, I still carry my Trident in my back pocket, but I also keep a little less "tacti-cool" Spyderco Grasshopper in my front pocket. People don't seem to freak out as much when you pull out a small silver knife.

noobie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Bossier City LA
    I agree with you on the point of the grasshopper, why I carry my ladybug whit my bright blue 550 lanyard. seems too seem less threatening haha. As for the throwing knives you have a valid point but, when I find them like that I just use the handle, I can still stick reasonably well!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I agree with you on the point of the grasshopper, why I carry my ladybug whit my bright blue 550 lanyard. seems too seem less threatening haha. As for the throwing knives you have a valid point but, when I find them like that I just use the handle, I can still stick reasonably well!
    Funny that you mention that. I have a piece of black 550 cord on my grasshopper. At work I often have to cut open boxes or those annoying bags that businesses seal money in. At first I was opening stuff with my SOG, but I got funny looks. The grasshopper is a decent blade for the price. I put Spyderco right up there with SOG in most categories. I like how they have steel framed knives and I occasionally like the steel they use for the blades. In regards to the SOG Multi-tools, I actually just ordered their Chinese made CrossCut to see how it fares for a cheap swiss-army like pocket tool. I will post after it comes in next week. As for throwing knives, I am not a fan of throwing them from the handle. I can do it, but it just seems weird. A true, well balanced throwing knife is not going to have a sharpened side. Some throwing techniques require you to roll the normally sharpened part of the knife off of the edge of your hand. An easy way to learn is with a decent butter knife :)

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Thanks again. Got with Chris over there on bladeforums and he got me taken care of. Received the new clip the other day. Just sucks it took so damn long.
    And now you get to keep your good 'ole illegal for non-LEO knife on you again :) Go you! How do you like the auto-open feature vs the normal flip open?

Top Bottom