SOLD CMP FG Springfield M1 Garand For Sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    SOLDCMP Field Grade Springfield M1 Garand which I purchased approximately three years ago directly from the CMP. Serial is 5817XXX. Front sight is marked NM 062. Took it to the range once and put 20 rounds through it. It's been sitting in the safe ever since. Thought I would use it in some vintage matches but never did. Comes with the CMP Manual, clip from CMP plus approx. 5+ clips which I purchased from JG sales I believe and approx. 16 rounds of 30-06. Also included is a once read "The Complete M1 Garand" book by Jim Thompson. Asking $500 - They sale for $495 from the CMP but that doesn't include shipping and notary fee. Willing to meet within an hour or so drive. Located in Franklin.

Looks pretty much like stock photo without sling.

M1-Garand-Rifle.jpg

Edit - Barrel Dated - 02 55

Pics as requested via Iphone

m1 002.jpgm1 003.jpg

Last edited:

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    Exchange has not happened yet. Waiting on fair skies. I'm beginning to act like an old man. Don't want to get on the road in that mess if I don't have to.

Sorry Ironman. Wish I could but already gave my word to the first gentlemen.

Last edited:

WILDMAN

Liberty Gun Works
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Mar 19, 2007
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Exchange has not happened yet. Waiting on fair skies. I'm beginning to act like an old man. Don't want to get on the road in that mess if I don't have to.

That is what I'm talking about! Integrity.... Hard to find these days, Thanks

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La

Thnk you very much LCPL 4 for having the courtesy to letting me know it was sold,the wife and I went to B.R. ....Thats why I pm'ed my cell to you,I'm still in the market for a descent M1,,, if you hear of any let me know....Thanks again !!!!:bigok:

Last edited:

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    Iron,

A field grade Springfield shipped from the CMP runs just under $520. You also need to have a form notarized, probably another $20. If you don't have the required firearms training, hunters Ed, etc. just join the LSA for another $10 (I think). Then get with me and I'll pick you up one Sunday morning and take you to Gonzales for an 200yd reduced match. You can use my gear and AR, just need to bring 50+ rounds of 69grn or higher .223. You can get the sign-off then.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I don't remember having to get a form notarized. Which form are you referring to? I used my CCW as proof of "training" and my LSA membership card as the affiliated "club". Then my passport was proof of citizenship (a driver's license is NOT PROOF). I just brought all of that to the South store but I think you can mail it in too.

http://thecmp.org/Sales/faq.htm

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom