Sold the bike, then bought another.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    Sold my zx10 last week. Kind of sad actually... But I bought another the next day.

Sold it to my brother, so it's still in the family.

IMAG0016.jpg

I turned around and bought a 2002 Vmax. Needs a little TLC, but overall it's in really good shape.

2A2CEDEC-35BB-4319-908C-432DC420FAF9_zpsq0ziauiq.jpg

I've already ordered new suspension, progressive 444s and progressive springs and lowering kit for the front, Supertrapp Megaphones and extra open caps, jet kit, adjustable clutch/brake levers, grips, Morley frame braces, and a cbr 600 tail light (for tail light conversion), ss brake/clutch lines, ebc hh pads, and wider tires.

Should be good to go after all that.

Last edited:

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    I agree, that's why I really wanted a v4. I'm not a v-twin guy at all. Hate the way they sound.

Vmax was the first bike I've ever driven. Had a friend that had one in high school and he let me take it around the parking lot one day. I was hooked instantly, just took me awhile to get over sport bikes.

Last edited:

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    Oh lawd! How does it feel going from a 1000 rocket to something like that? I've had an R1 for yrs and recently sold it. I bought a new R6 last yr and love it to. I like the fact that every time I look at the speed odometer I'm not doing 130

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    Oh lawd! How does it feel going from a 1000 rocket to something like that? I've had an R1 for yrs and recently sold it. I bought a new R6 last yr and love it to. I like the fact that every time I look at the speed odometer I'm not doing 130

Yeah it's a change, but it's nice. The Vmax has tons of tq and power throughout the band. IMO, its way more usable on the road than a liter bike.

Top Bottom