SOLD***WTS-Ruger Bisley Vaquero 45 LC***SOLD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • optimapro2

Feels like home!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Harahan, LA
    Ruger Bisley Vaquero in 45 Long Colt, stainless steel, with 4-5/8" barrel, Elk Antler handles/grips w/accessories (Cowboy Holsters (2), Belt and some ammo). Factory bolt stop has been replaced with an oversized one, which makes the cylinder lock up much tighter. This gun is a pleasure to shoot! Smooth and easy! Excellent condition, low round count, asking $700 OBO for All.

Extras:

Leather: Silverado rig, size 40 belt with double removable right & left hand holsters, manufactured by M. Shelhart. "The Silverado" rig is an authentic reproduction of a Cheyenne style holster from the 1880's. The Double rig, with lined belt sells for $475.00 http://www.mshelhart.com/products.holsters.html#Holsters

Ammo: 50 rds of 255 gr lead round nose, 20 rds Cor Bon 300 gr 45 Colt Magnum +P, 10 rds CCI Ratshot and approx. 125 spent brass casing.

What a deal!!!

FTF Only! Will travel within reason. Located in Harahan, LA.

Thanks!

Last edited:

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Nice piece of steel!! Question - "old" model or is it the "new" model? And, what kind of leather?

At any rate: bisley frame, 45 lc, stainless, those nice grips, and the fastest barrel length (imho). This is a sweet deal.

optimapro2

Feels like home!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Harahan, LA
    Nice piece of steel!! Question - "old" model or is it the "new" model? And, what kind of leather?

At any rate: bisley frame, 45 lc, stainless, those nice grips, and the fastest barrel length (imho). This is a sweet deal.

It was manufactured in 2004, I purchased in 2009 from original owner. Not sure of what band of leather, but I will check and let you know. I can also e-mail pics of the leather. I will also do an inventory on the ammo and post what I have. Thanks!

idkmybffjill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    Shreveport
    Do%20Want.jpg

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    It was manufactured in 2004, I purchased in 2009 from original owner. Not sure of what band of leather, but I will check and let you know. I can also e-mail pics of the leather. I will also do an inventory on the ammo and post what I have. Thanks!

Thanks, I'll put the word out - I can't buy it right now. Just couldn't read the left side of firearm (it will say, "Ruger New Vaquero" on the frame). If it isn't the new model, that's better! I don't think Ruger came out with the New Model till 2005.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    It's an Old Model Bisley, built on Ruger's heavier, stout, frame. (Don't ask me how I know. :) )

MPRICE, are you the M. Price that shot a pair of Colt Dragoons with the Deadwood Marshals in Sorrento?

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    It's an Old Model Bisley, built on Ruger's heavier, stout, frame. (Don't ask me how I know. :) )

MPRICE, are you the M. Price that shot a pair of Colt Dragoons with the Deadwood Marshals in Sorrento?

For me, the heavier frame covers heavier, hunting and reloading options (esp. 45 LC) - not that I have a lot of heartburn with Ruger making a firearm that's a closer reproduction to the original Colt - but, for my use, I want to carry it in the field to knock down hogs, too. I grew up shooting old Ruger Blackhawks.

And no, Cleburne, not me - and an easy way to tell would be if the other M. Price was good, then, it couldn't be me!? - I'm just an old hillbillie that likes the smell of gunpowder and makin' lotsa noise!

This is still a very nice pistol and a very reasonable price!

Last edited:

optimapro2

Feels like home!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Harahan, LA
    Leather: manufactured by M. Shelhart "The Silverado" rig is an authentic reproduction of a Cheyenne style holster from the 1880's. The Double rig, with lined belt sells for $475.00 http://www.mshelhart.com/products.holsters.html#Holsters

Ammo: 50 rds of 255 gr lead round nose, 20 rds Cor Bon 300 gr 45 Colt Magnum +P, 10 rds CCI Ratshot and approx. 125 spent brass casings.

Last edited:

optimapro2

Feels like home!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Harahan, LA
    If anyone is interested, I will consider selling separately.

I also listed on LSM for $800 OBO, due to the money I have into it, but will keep price ($700 OBO) as is for BS members.

Thanks!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom