Solutions to obtain a Limited Government

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    As radical as this notion is, I am in favor of it.

Just as someone who doesn't live in a particular jurisdiction can't vote on certain things, people who don't have "skin in the game" shouldn't be allowed to vote either.

Those who are on the dole are always going to vote for those whom they believe will take care of them.

Or people who have too much skin in the game. What we have today is 100% bribery for votes. I'm not in favor of the old "property owners only" way, and no way near the % of a vote method. BUT I do agree those who pay nothing into the system should not be allowed to vote.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    1 Flat Tax

2 If you are on welfare you get the basic staple to survive on. No cable or satellite allowed in public housing.

3 The budget must be balanced

4 All lobbying should be abolished

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I always thought food stamps should be more like they were in the book Handmaids tale, a stamp with the picture of the food on it. It's great we provide food for the hungry, but they shouldn't eat better than I feed my family. Out with the convenience food, choice meats, ect. Have a dietician decide what they should eat, have a stamp with items to make their diet (eggs, flour, cornmeal, apples, oranges, ect.) and use the leftover money to offer community classes that teaches them how to cook and prepare meals with what they get. This would be overall a cheaper system and would give an incentive to get off food stamps (want a steak? get a job. want a coke? get a job.)

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I'm a little surprised no one has said to completely abolish the income tax. Doesn't it make sense that having ZERO income tax would "help" to yield a limited government?

I read that if we abolished the income tax, based on the taxes/fees/etc collected from all other govt sources, the gov't could still operate on spending levels from the 90's.....and even then that's still a big govt.

Someone on page 1 mentioned strict enforcement of drug laws to help prevent people from voting/getting benefits....so the drug war would help us yield a limited government? I'm thinking strictly of gov't spending, laws, and regulation here. Is it possible to have a full blown drug war like today, and still have a limited gov't?

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    You guys are making it too complicated and falling or the same trap that those in power fall for. You think you know better.

Let's look at things that our government was never equipped to cope with and remove those.

Lobbying - gone

Bills and laws should be single issue. Riders are a tool for the corrupt.

Tax reform - big time. Don't know what the correct answer could be, but the current tax code is criminal.

Equal protection under the law. Use it. Love it.

2nd amendment rights should not be taken away because I cross a state border. This is why NY keeps dropping any case that hits the news. They know that if they challenged it, they'd lose in the Supreme Court.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'm a little surprised no one has said to completely abolish the income tax. Doesn't it make sense that having ZERO income tax would "help" to yield a limited government?

I read that if we abolished the income tax, based on the taxes/fees/etc collected from all other govt sources, the gov't could still operate on spending levels from the 90's.....and even then that's still a big govt.

Someone on page 1 mentioned strict enforcement of drug laws to help prevent people from voting/getting benefits....so the drug war would help us yield a limited government? I'm thinking strictly of gov't spending, laws, and regulation here. Is it possible to have a full blown drug war like today, and still have a limited gov't?

I think because the people who get freebies vote for the people that give to them in turn the elected officials spend/give more away to keep getting votes.
    Why should someone that never payed into the system have a vote in how that same money is spent?
    Spending less money = smaller gov "less to do"

We have to cut spending down but no one wants to be the one thats part of the cut. So who's feelings do we hurt. Well I bet if we cut everyone that gets the freebies and use illegal drugs we would overnight save LOTS of money.
    Saving more money = smaller gov "less to do"

As for as the war on drugs I think it's costing too much to fight = more money "bigger gov".

I say stop fighting the dealers and and let the users fall.
    Jobs drug test them = no job.
    Go to get the freebies and then drug test them = no freebie.
    Again less money spent = smaller gov.

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    1. End the Federal Reserve and the whole system of a central bank and fiat currency. Allow alternative and decentralized currencies to come about and flow freely.
    2. Completely defund and abolish the IRS, DEA, ATF, TSA, FDA, and EPA. End the war on drugs and reassign the armed agents to fighting human trafficking and pedophile rings.
    3. Stop ALL taxpayer-funded foreign aid. Any country that wants military or humanitarian aid must petition to become a U.S. territory and be subject to U.S. Constitutional law.
    4. End all corporate welfare and lobbying. No elected official will be allowed to own stock or have any current or past connections with the management of a company that is still in business.
    5. Replace the income tax with higher tariffs on foreign goods and services and a progressive sales tax system like Fairtax.
    6. Secondary education should be completely privatized, primary education must be handled at only local and state levels and have private options if not completely privatized.
    7. Healthcare should be handled only at the local and state levels with both public and private options available.
    8. End government special benefits and legal recognition of marriage and reclassify them all as civil unions just for the purpose of keeping legal records. Leave it to each individual religious body to decide what is a legit marriage and which unions they will bless as such.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Instead of food stamps we need to go back to handing out healthy food basics. Or better yet, really nasty protein bars. There should be an incentive to get off government assistance. Housing projects should be tent cities outside the city limits with bus service for the unemployed that drops only at job search centers.

All new bills brought before congress must be read aloud. Anyone voting on the bill must listen to the entire bill. Bills must pertain to only one topic.

Anyone elected must wear a wearable camera with a microphone for the entire time they are elected, to be reviewed by an ethics committee board. Lobbyist should be deported. Preferably by a large catapult off the coast of Maine, in winter, after chumming the waters... :)

Flat tax. 12% max.

Federal budget should be imposed as a percentage of the GDP. If the GDP shrinks, so does the federal budget. Congress' payroll is based on how much is left over as compared to the federal budget.

A college level civics test should be administered before anyone is allowed to run for so much as dog catcher.

Senators must retire from all other means of employment and any other income should be applied to their housing expenses. Being a senator should involve a level of sacrifice. The house is supposed to be made up of commoners with typical jobs. They should be selected like getting picked for jury duty for 2 years.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    !) Pass a balanced budget amendment.
    2) Pass a law that Congress MUST pass a budget every year.
    3) Give the President Line Item Veto

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mike933
    Top Bottom