Some punishment administered by The Judge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Good thing she didn't have it loaded with .45LC.
    Pearl River woman shoots husband after he admits affair from 15 years ago

A Pearl River-area woman shot her husband twice in the back with bird shot Tuesday after he admitted to having an affair 15 years ago, authorities said.

Connie Davis and her husband began arguing about the affair after he came clean about it in the yard of their home at 37447 Earl Bennett Road about 2 p.m., St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office spokesman George Bonnett said Thursday.

After her husband's confession, Davis took a revolver chambered for .410-caliber shotgun shells and began shooting at him, Bonnett said. The gun, a model known as "The Judge," was loaded with bird-shot shells, he said.

Davis fired five shots at her husband as he ran away through their yard, Bonnett said. Davis' husband was hit in the upper and lower back by bird shot from two shells, he said.

After running away, Davis found that he didn't have a cell phone, Bonnett said. He used a two-way radio to call into his workplace and tell them that his wife was trying to kill him, he said. His coworkers then relayed the messages to the Sheriff's Office.

Connie Davis had already left when deputies arrived and found her husband sitting in a swing in his front yard, Bonnett said. Her husband was taken to the Louisiana Heart Hospital where he was treated for his injuries, which were not serious, and released, he said.

Deputies stopped Davis a short time later as she was driving on Gause Boulevard and arrested her, Bonnett said. She had a shotgun shell in her pocket and the gun on the seat next to her, he said.

Davis, 53, was booked into the St. Tammany Parish jail in Covington with attempted second-degree murder. She is being held on a $75,000 bond.

"Pretty much any time you point a loaded gun at someone and pull the trigger, it's going to be attempted murder," Bonnett said.
    L_IMAGE.1223cc986ef.93.88.fa.d0.1680ce087.jpg
    Look at that face...she had to be drunk.:mamoru:

:)

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I can hear Jeff Foxworthy now......:rofl:

By the way, looks like she's a Tennessee Vols fan...LOL

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Bird shot is ONLY useful for shooting birds. Even in 12 gauge. She seems pretty happy about it in the picture.

Dave

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    had one last night,k or early this morning, where the estranged usband came home, 14 yerar old daughter let him in, momma was chillin with boyfriend, so she kicked him out. On his way out, she gave him a little hit of a Bersa 380 in the shin. he was walking around on it.

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I read about this in the Advocate this morning. And I'm still laughing. I can just see the guy running around while she is shooting him with birdshot. This shows why buckshot or 45 colts are better choice.

They should just reduce this to disturbing the peace as it was just some good clean fun. LOL :D

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I saw the results of an amateur ballistics gel test for a Judge with buckshot and penetration was minimal. I wouldn't want to stand in front of it, but it would be preferable to that 45 LC.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I agree whole-heartedly.

If I have my Judge in my truck loaded with 3" Buckshot and someone tries to take my truck I will promise you that he will not think the gun is ONLY for shooting snakes.

I have seen what this gun does to targets at close range loaded with the right 3" mag shells or buckshot. Its not pretty and I would in no way want to be hit with it.

That being said, he the guy was running across the yard it would not do much. The rifling in the barrel of the judge starts the spin which makes the the pattern get wider faster than that of a normal smooth bore shotgun. Bird shot at a good distance would not be very effective as seen here.

That is why you fire .45 Colts are used when they run:mamoru:

Its a close defense revolver and it will do its job. Against snakes or bad guys.

I bought mine for shooting snakes though. lol.

Top Bottom