Someone needs to take up for RJF

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What that guy did, is like going to a cow pasture to order a hamburger. Yeah, they have a "store front" but most of their business and sales happens online and over the phone, and it has been that way for quite a while.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Here's the real question: where did the guy come from? I'm sorry, but if I'm driving to go to ANY business for the first time and the trip is more than about 15-20 minutes, I'm calling ahead of time. There's no way I'm going 30 minutes away to a place I've never done business with without calling first. Maybe I just have too much common sense?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Lol they said they don't know how they will stay in business when you can go down to Hebert guns and they open the door for you and greet you with a smile

Lmao, c'mon now dubbya and j
    Heberts advertises on WJ pretty heavily so that wouldn't surprise me.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Cause what happens on WJ is serious stuff man...........

Should be more concerned about the morons calling in the day before giving Clll advise. Not one of them was right.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Red Jacket does not have a case full of firearms for people to look at , fondle , and purchase on the spot . Different business model completely .

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    herbert guns= firearms retail facility
    red jacket firearms= custom firearms manufacturing facility
    W&J= two tired old fat men too obsessed with the liberal conspiracy and the communist take over to realize they stoped being funny ten years ago and will push anything for two dollars & change

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    herbert guns= firearms retail facility
    red jacket firearms= custom firearms manufacturing facility
    w&j= two tired old fat men too obsessed with the liberal conspiracy and the communist take over to realize they stoped being funny ten years ago and will push anything for two dollars & change, also swore they would never imitate stevens and pruett but now sound just like them.

fify.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    One of my favorite dealers, Talon Arms, is appointment only. LEO only. He is based out of Houston, and makes exceptions for frequent/repeat customers if you call in advance.

He had some really cool stuff to look at, but I understand why they are mainly an internet business. Some places are groomed for the public eye (display racks, etc.), and some places are more "work" oriented.

I'm no RJF fan, but their business model has absolutely nothing wrong with it in regard to their in-person availability.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    ive been 2x, just knocked on the door.
    of course i was looking for vince and not buying a gun, but everybody was real nice and helpful as i was waiting around.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Twice, once dropping off and once picking up, felt like home... complete with kids and puppies ...everyone very nice, oh yea ..had an appointment

If your brain is smart enough to breathe in and out you'd know it's an appointment place

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Here's the real question: where did the guy come from? I'm sorry, but if I'm driving to go to ANY business for the first time and the trip is more than about 15-20 minutes, I'm calling ahead of time. There's no way I'm going 30 minutes away to a place I've never done business with without calling first. Maybe I just have too much common sense?

Stupid is as stupid does.

Apparently, this bubba wasn't important enough for RJF to bend their policy.

So, they have a security officer in the parking lot/on site 24/7?
    :squint:

Last edited:

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    We have been "appointment only" for what , 4-5 years now . Of course we have 24-7 security officers on site , we get somewhere between 20 and 100 people a day just driving up to take a picture of the building . Our inventory is blasted out weekly to to the world , damn right we have a guard on the place . Everything we do is built to order , there is nothing in a glass case to sell . Sorry , but it's been that way for a long time . And "yes" , our parking lot is tiny , there's not enough room for our workers to park and the guards do have orders to keep it clear . For "walk-in" service and shopping , we always recommend Accurate Firearms on Florida .

Jokerswild298

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2011
    Modesto, CA
    I've been reading everyone post and I would like some information if anyone could help me. I keep seeing it's by appointment only to get in which isn't a problem I would just need to know how to make one. Also does anyone know if you could just make an appointment to use there gun range? I don't have the kind of money to purchase there guns but want to shoot that supressed ak. Ive been planning this trip for awhile and I would be flying from california so this information would be very important to me as I don't want a wasted trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom