Son's of Guns tonight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I know a few people that know Will, and I've known Joe and Charles for about 13 years.

I've never heard anything bad about rjf, so I'm more than happy to spend my money. It's just a bonus that I get to keep my money local

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm working nights today and tomorrow so I'll have to catch it in the morning. I still need to remember to call and set an appointment so I can buy a saiga 47 in the next week or so.

I also want to see if a certain mod to one of my guns is even possible, because if it isn't, I'm sure Will can figure it out anyway lol

I'd wager money they don't have anything on the shelves to purchase, other than maybe the high-end Class III stuff. It seems like a lot of their stuff is built specifically for dealers (Atlantic Firearms is a good example), maybe they could at least point you in the right direction as to who has what for sale. And if you want them to build you something, last I heard their current wait was 6+ months.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah I figured that was the most likely situation I'd run into, but, it's worth a shot. They have to have that stuff in there at some point, otherwise nobody would ever get it lol

Just won't know anything until I get ahold of em

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I am curious if this was
    A. Real
    B. A re enactment of a real event. Or
    C. Done for the show.

it looked VERY staged to me. I know that door has an electronic lock on it but if it really was broken when they were taping that episode, my money says they would have locked the deadbolt.

besides, that place is not really in a high traffic, retail area where people would just be wandering about like an outlet mall or something. it's fairly off the beaten path.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Will said after the electronic lock was broken.

Will, I am curious about the master key. With both safeties off did you have any problem with sympathetic firing (recoil from one setting the other off)?

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    Yea it looked staged to me also which is why I would lean more towards options b or c. And yes unless you know they are there or going to one of the other businesses back there it is "out of the way". I have been in that building many times, back when there was something else in that building.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Will said after the electronic lock was broken.

Will, I am curious about the master key. With both safeties off did you have any problem with sympathetic firing (recoil from one setting the other off)?

No , never have . Will

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I thought the old man "walking" around was freaking funny, specially when Will was saying "yeah i really need to get to work" and he was like "yeah I'm just looking around" hahahahahahhahahaa.

It cut time on the good stuff but it was a good twist, I would have gave him a broom and a duster if he wanted to hang out and stuff.

Good shows again.

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I thought the old man "walking" around was freaking funny, specially when Will was saying "yeah i really need to get to work" and he was like "yeah I'm just looking around" hahahahahahhahahaa.

It cut time on the good stuff but it was a good twist, I would have gave him a broom and a duster if he wanted to hang out and stuff.

Good shows again.

Or maybe let him build a katana machete..:rofl::rofl:

brichard

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    City of Central, LA
    Its a shame that teh cameras caught the old man. I bet Will would have told him unkindly to leave, as Im sure he has done to others in the past! That is not the kind of place for strangers to walz in and window shop! Its a serious business, and i bet that the crew at RJF has to be on a constant state of alert. Great show, awesome business, and i cant wait to save up enough hush hush money to buy a RJF AK, and not let the wife know!

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Noticed that a lot of the episodes are now available on Discovery On-Demand! WOOT!!! Now I can watch the few episodes that I missed! Great show... keep it up, guys!!!

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    My first post in this thread: I love the show. I love that it's a Louisiana based company/show. I just wish us NWLA folks could get some recognition. All you cajun boys are hogging the spotlight. It's pretty awesome that the man himself is on here. Will, ya'll keep up the good work.

coonassplumber

Resident Turdsmith'
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    My first post in this thread: I love the show. I love that it's a Louisiana based company/show. I just wish us NWLA folks could get some recognition. All you cajun boys are hogging the spotlight. It's pretty awesome that the man himself is on here. Will, ya'll keep up the good work.

Y'all got those Vexcon exterminator douche brothers :D

Top Bottom