SOPA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    figures...they both supported the NDAA bill that allows for the indefinite detention and torture of american citizens!

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 17, 2012 WASHINGTON — The following is a statement by Senator Chris Dodd, Chairman and CEO of the Motion Picture Association of America, Inc. (MPAA) on the so- called “Blackout Day” protesting anti -piracy legislation: “Only days after the White House and chief sponsors of the legislation responded to the majorconcern expressed by opponents and then called for all parties to work cooperatively together, sometechnology business interests are resorting to stunts that punish their users or turn them into theircorporate pawns, rather than coming to the table to find solutions to a problem that all now seem toagree is very real and damaging.It is an irresponsible response and a disservice to people who rely on them for information and usetheir services. It is also an abuse of power given the freedoms these companies enjoy in themarketplace today. It’s a dangerous and troubling development when the platforms that serve as gateways to information intentionally skew the facts to incite their users in order to further theircorporate interests. A so-called “blackout” is yet another gimmick, albeit a dangerous one, designed to punish electedand administration officials who are working diligently to protect American jobs from foreigncriminals. It is our hope that the White House and the Congress will call on those who intend to stage this “blackout” to stop the hyperbole and PR stunts and engage in meaningful efforts tocombat piracy.”

Last edited:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    They aren't gimmics of PR stunts. They are valid ways to call attention to a very serious threat to our online freedoms. SOPA is bad law and needs to be stopped.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I've written everyone but vitter asking them to oppose it. Unfortunately, Vitter's website is down and his contact stuff with it. :mad:

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    I received my response from Senator David Vitter today.

Dear Mr. xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting me in opposition to the Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of Intellectual Property Act (PROTECT IP). I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue, and I agree with you.

As you may know, this bill is still being negotiated and amended in the United States Senate. You will be pleased to know that I recently withdrew my endorsement of the Protect IP Act. While I have been pushing hard for changes regarding internet freedom and national security, I feel that these concerns have not been fully addressed in this bill. I believe that pushing the bill forward in its current form will only jeopardize the delicate balance of public and private interests that our copyright and patent laws were intended to protect. Rest assured I will keep your thoughts in mind as the Senate considers this legislation.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about other issues important to you.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    f3573e48.jpg