Sportsman's Guide

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    I have been ordering ammo (and other things) from SG for at least 15 years if not alot longer. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised a couple of days ago when I got a "backorder email notice" for 500 round cases of Wolf Military Classics that I had set in a few weeks back, even before the latest shooting. The price back then was $112 for 500 rounds and although I had got it alot cheaper in the past it was not a bad price. Anyway, They had a few cases available and I placed the order and got 2 (all they had left) and the price was the same. I gotta give 2 thumbs up to them for that. I was even more surprised this morning when I got my tracking number because now I know it actually shipped. I wasn't expecting it and although I have plenty cases of the good stuff and even more of the plinking stuff it was nice to be able to get 1k more for plinking. Now I don't have to use my .22 conversion kit as much. Anyway, just wanted to pass that on and give credit where it was due in these times of "screw the shooter" pricing. I was even able to use my free shipping coupon so I was pleased. :)

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Joined just a couple months ago, already made 8 orders. Every one of them have been processed timely and shipped accordingly, membership paid for itself quickly

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Sportsman Guide has been great since distributor prices went up a couple months ago. I have ordered lots of ammo, and with the coupons it is cheaper shipped to my door than from a distributor.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    If you run into anymore let me know

Will do. You may want to just put yourself on the backorder notify list though, and be ready with credit card in hand when the email comes, because I got the email on my cell phone and in the time it took me to rush and place the order the quantity went from about 190 cases to 2 cases. I placed the order for 10 cases within 1 minute or less of the notification and in that minute 188 cases were sold. Needless to say I took what was left and didn't complain. I put in more backorder requests though (for anything Wolf or PMC) but you can't prepay so it's sort of like a quick draw when the notices go out. :)

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have bought backordered ammo, they just send it and charge for it, when they get it.

It does make it confusing though, multiple charges from one order hitting on different days, more difficult to reconcile.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I also use the hell out of my SG visa card. I'm sure the interest rate is exorbitant but if you have dicipline and pay it off every month, you can really rack up the points.

Also, one story about SG: I bought a cheap NV scope from them. It performed less than optimal but I just chalked that up to getting what you pay for. Fast forward a year later, my brother-in-law came out to visit and run his coon dog and brought the same exact model NV scope that I had. When I talked down about the scope he disagreed and we went outside to test it. I discovered that it was in fact a decent scope, but mine was just defective. I emailed SG and even though it was a year later, they had me mail it back to them. They did not insist on exchanging it either, in fact they preferred to mail me a refund check. That is customer service!

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    I joined last week. Glad to hear all of these good reports. I have made 3 orders so far and have been pleased with them. Got my $25 gift certificate in today for joining.

edrodhdfb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Zachary, La
    I just got an email they are shipping 500 rds which is half my order and they told me March was the waiting time...This is good news!! Now all I need are my AK rounds to come in too.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    What was it, I am waiting on 1k of Federal 556 with a March delivery date! I got 2k of Wolf Military Classic, and the shipping estimate on the next case I ordered is October!

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    I just signed up for sg membership. I got some 7.62x54r match grade and some 7.62 nagant. Great prices. The 7.62 nagant was back ordered until mid-February. I got the 7.62 nagant the day after I got my 7.62x54r and gun vise with a little note that said thank you for your patience in waiting for this back-ordered item. Very happy with SG!!!

edrodhdfb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Zachary, La
    What was it, I am waiting on 1k of Federal 556 with a March delivery date! I got 2k of Wolf Military Classic, and the shipping estimate on the next case I ordered is October!

They shipped 500rds/1000rds of Wolf .223 Rem 62gr ship date was March 6th. The 1000rd of 7.62x39 are also Wolf classic but original ship date on those are Jan 16 for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom