Springfield Armory .40 XDM

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Have ya'll seen the new XDM from Springfield? Looks pretty awesome. Looks like there is only the .40 cal version so far. I like it. Check out the pics, specs, and media.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/themfactor/

Wallpaper_1_3.jpg

Last edited:

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    It is iffy... on one hand, the match barrel and exchangeable back straps are a plus, but on the other, this looks a bit too gimmicky to be anything worth buying. At the current price point of 699 dollars I would steer clear for a while until the hype dies down and you can read real stories about them from people that own them.

NutriaKiller

Certified Rat Killa
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I fondled one at Jim's when looking at the H&K's. This was the second most comfortable grip out of all the pistols I tried (H&K,SA,Sig,Glock SF,Para). It also has a 16 + 1 capacity. I did not fire the pistol.

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    I handled one today at Morey's ... honestly, I wouldn't buy one if they were half the price!! The trigger was HORRIBLE!!!!!!! It had a ton of take-up, was mushy, and a good bit of over travel.

Save you money! Buy a Glock or an M&P!!

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I handled one today at Morey's ... honestly, I wouldn't buy one if they were half the price!! The trigger was HORRIBLE!!!!!!! It had a ton of take-up, was mushy, and a good bit of over travel.

Save you money! Buy a Glock or an M&P!!

Well that's disappointing. Did it feel like 9# trigger or something? I really like the M&P and was hoping this would be on the same ilk. Dang it.

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    Well that's disappointing. Did it feel like 9# trigger or something? I really like the M&P and was hoping this would be on the same ilk. Dang it.
    It might not have been that heavy; I really don't know. But it felt horrible! I'm sure you could have gunsmith polish it up or something if you were so inclined. To me, it was extremely disappointing since these things have been talked up all over the 'net.

I would DEFINITELY chalk this one in the try-before-you-buy column.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well, I just handled one...

The gun feels GREAT in the hand and I am a Glock fanatic. It is a little heavier of course, but hey, whatcha expect for a FS. The trigger felt a little stiff, engaged at about 8-10# roughly, so I broke it down, and the trigger tension spring was off to the side just a bit. Realigned it to center, reassembled after a wiping it down and reoiling it, then tried the trigger again. Smooth.....dropped the hammer @ about 6# roughly, but it was an obvious difference.

Have not shot it, working the whole weekend, but I intend to put some rounds through it on Monday afternoon. :naughty: Will have a range report for sure...

Just heard it was tax free day...could have saved a bundle if I wasn't working! Hope everyone made off well today.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The trigger is the same as all XDs. After about 500 rounds (or some quick polishing) the trigger is much smoother and lighter. And the take up is not an issue, it can easily be eliminated with aftermarket parts, or you can just learn better trigger control and only release the trigger to reset.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well, 200 rounds through it today and not a hiccup. BTW, it is my father's new pistol. He decided he wanted to buy a pistol and made up his mind that this was the one he wanted, right away. Well what a first choice for him! Kemo-Sabi hooked him up w/ a two-tone one right away! Excellent job today Shane! He is very knowledgeable & willing to go the extra mile to make this happen overnight! It was nice meeting such a helpful forum member.

Went to Barney's today & he put about 100 rounds down range today w/ the XDm & I also had some range time with it. I brought my preferred Glock & a snubby, but ended up only shooting 60 or so rounds from them. Spent most of the time feeding that Springfield the 40's.

Pattern? Oh my. When my old man was shooting tighter patterns with his gun than me, I figured something had to be up. Asked him if I could shoot a few rounds & he said go ahead. Albeit it, the gun is a little larger than my G23 so it was much easier to stay true. Most of the shooting I did was from about 10-15 yards out, but it was a much tighter pattern than I could shoot with my Glock or revolver from the same distance.

This thing is going to be impressive after about 1000 rounds are put through it. Follow up shots are incredibly easy to find home. The trigger reset is very nice & short! Travel is minimal which allows you to work on the 17 rounds of 40 jammed into the beast. For a bigger pistol, you can burn through some ammo pretty quickly with that bad boy.

Ok, that being said...I STILL prefer my G23 as a carry pistol, for obvious reasons, but that is one impressive & fun to shoot gun. I am sure that is not the last time I point it down range and will definitely report any more positive or negative findings on it.

Oh yeah, I think that I might have to look into reloading ammo. :cool::o

Top Bottom