Spyderco Delica/Endura Passaround

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Well we are in the midst of getting our blade ironed out with Spyderco and I was thinking a lot of you might not have ever had any experience with spyderco blades or the endura or delica models specifically. So I figured why not create a pass around and send everyone a full flat ground delica and endura to check out. These are the waved models, since a ffg waved model is something that won't exist until our model comes out..... I will ship it out Monday TomTerrific it is coming your way...... PM your info everyone so you can get on the list.....

1.TomTerrific
    2.Rahllin
    3.Tx_oil <------ Knives are here

So here is how it works:

Must be a premium member or have greater than or equal to 4 postive feedback iTrader rating with no negatives....

Only people in the CONUS - sorry guys but shipping is to expensive

Pass order will be sign up order.

It is up to you to make sure you comply with all laws to legally receive, possess, and ship the knives.

Post here that you are interested and then PM your info to me: (A- forum name, B- real name, C- address, D- email address)

You Must Post here when you receive it and keep the knife for a 2 weeks max.

You accept responsibility for the knife and you accept that it is your responsibility to get it to the next person. Do not throw the knife, or use it to pry or hammer or do any type of test (“spine whack”) that would damage it. If it needs sharpening, sharpen it unless you just don’t feel confident in your sharpening skills. Your welcome to change where the clip is located etc but please don't take it apart unless you really know what your doing. They are kinda tricky to get back together correctly especially the spacer.... Please clean it and/or wipe it off before mailing it on.

PM the next person in line to get their address but also to alert them that the package is ready to ship. Package well in a box (not in an envelope) with sufficient padding that the contents do not rattle and sufficient tape that it stays secure.

(Yes, I already have the address of the next person, but you go ahead and handle this. There are good reasons.)

Notify the me if there is a problem or delay.

You Must Post here when you mail it on.

Use USPS Priority with Delivery Confirmation or other secure, trackable type of postage. It is your responsibility to make sure it is delivered to the next person.

Note: it is absolutely critical that you agree to communicate when you receive it and when you send it on. Failure to do this causes problems. Communication is very important.

Finally when your done with the blade share some comments on what you think about the two different blades...

Green%20Endura%201.tiff

Blue%20Delica%201.tiff

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    The pass arounds are just the typical ffg endura and delica. I have been corresponding with Spyderco and have been given a price quote but I don't know if they included the ffg component in the price and I needed some clarification on what was going to occur so I am waiting on another response until I post an update. They where really busy with Shotshow as you might imagine so I am just waiting.

The Bayoushooter blades are going to be ffg waved endura's probably even though I got a price quote on a delica as well. Since a ffg waved endura/delica doesn't exist and won't exist until our blade is produced I can't do a pass around of one.

The colors are not going to be the colors of the pass around. The Bayoushooter blade will have dark green scales similar to the banner on Bayoushooter with a black plain edge waved blade and bayoushooter logo. There isn't going to be an option with production because they make runs of at least 600 and they might be upping it to 800. So you will only have one choice to pick from. That is the only way they do it so it is what it is....

This is the best way to explain what we are expecting the Bayoushooter blade to look like http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showpost.php?p=583596&postcount=20

If you want to get in on this passaround you have to PM or email me your address etc and I will add you to the list. So far only TomTerrific has done so......

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Fair enough. I can always grind that wave hook off if it becomes annoying. I assume updates will be posted... where?

You got 600 potential buyers? Dayum...

I'll be in for two if Spyderco doesn't get retarded with the price, the blade steel is acceptable to me, and the clip location is selectable like the current Endura.

I'll pass on the pass-around... I wish I had a dollar for every Endura I've owned... ;) As a matter of fact, I usually carry an older one with a Black T SpyderEdge blade. It has a metal clip; the original plastic one broke off, I sent it back, they fitted a new metal one at no charge.

For you guys who are not familiar with this brand... like most knife freaks (it can be more addicting than guns), I have gone through my share of "name" makers; BenchMade, Emerson, etc. I even had a CQC6 at one time, but the thought of losing a $600 knife (they go for well over a grand now) terrified me.

Bottom line, I keep coming back to Spyderco. They make a quality knife at a very reasonable price. I haven't been impressed with a few of the newer steels they have been using lately... I'm hoping this isn't a harbinger of corner-cutting in the name of improved profit margins.

What steel is planned for the BS.com blade?

Actually the price she quoted me is below the standard dealer price (I know this because she also included that price). Since we won't have any mark up on them like the standard dealer does it is pretty impressive (lets just say I was under the impression I would pick up two but at the price quoted I am more than likely going to do 4). However, it didn't mention the ffg component so I haven't posted it yet just in case it wasn't included in the cost.

I will post in the original thread when I get that portion clarified. And in respect to VG-10 it is as good and some believe a hair better than ATS-34/CPM154 (with a quality heat treat of course which spyderco does) and those are tried and true and by no means a compromise :)

We may or may not be capable of purchasing 600 units but whatever isn't accounted for (minus the spyderco collectors being allocated 50 and the employees of spyderco being able to purchase at least 2 each at cost from the lot) from my understanding will be posted on the spyderco website and be sold at MSRP.

Last edited:

xaeniac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    What color? is it going to be a special edition color? Also are we undecided whether to get the endura or delica?

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am excited about the group buy. I will be down for at least two, but according to your post, I will possibly down for more.

I do have one question about the blade. What is the wave feature for? I have never owned a knife with anything that resembled that in any way, just curious what its good for?

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Just to let you all know..I work offshore on a 14/14 schedule, so depending on when the knives get here I may not be home to imspect them for potentially 14 days. I hope this does not present a problem.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Just to let you all know..I work offshore on a 14/14 schedule, so depending on when the knives get here I may not be home to imspect them for potentially 14 days. I hope this does not present a problem.

When Tom is ready to send them your way just let us know whats up and we can work around your schedule they might make a trip to #3 and then back to #2 if your not in town.....

Top Bottom