St Mary Sheriffs Range permanently closed?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    Anybody know what's going on at the St Mary Sheriffs range in Franklin? I went down there a month or so ago and it was closed in the middle of the week for some mystery holiday. I went back a couple times since then but last Friday it was closed even though their website said it was only going to closed on Saturday. So this morning I called ahead and the lady on the phone said it was open. I drove down there and the range was closed with a big yellow sign saying "Range Closed to Public".

It looked to me like a permanent sign bolted on to the sign there at the gate not just a temperary closed-for-the-day sign. I called back to the secretary but she didn't know anything about it. The range phone number she gave me was disconnected too. I hope we haven't lost another public shooting range.

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    Hopefully that's all it is although I won't be going back any time soon. An hour drive is too much for so many unexpected closures and they got that out of control range officer back again so it's not worth the headache.

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    I happened to be down that way on Tues and the range was open so false alarm on my part. Being the beginning of the year and the permanent looking sign that was up I had a feeling the range had become a victim of budget cuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom