St. Tammany Sheriff Race

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tom Gresham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Covington
    We are having an election for St. Tammany Sheriff. It's my understanding that the current sheriff refuses to sign off on NFA items.

Just wondering if anyone has asked the candidates in the Sheriff's race if they will sign off for our citizens who have passed the background check and met the requirements of the federal government.

For me, that would be important information about how that candidate feels about lawful firearms ownership.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I like a lot of things about Jack Strain, but his policy on NFA items pisses me off. Not to mention that little period where he couldn't seem to keep the inmates inside the jail. :o

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I know guys (not just LEO) who have gotten silencers and SBRs without problem, never heard of an issue with it.

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    St. Tammany is another one of those parishes ran like organized crime, I would bet there are plenty of class III weapons in the homes of some of the deputies and ranking officers.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Remember he was always a registered democrat, he merely switched just prior to running for Sheriff. He is a good guy, but leans toward the liberal/democrat side politically, and he is not a gun guy at all. If you want to play the Class 3 game in ST Tammany, LLC or Trust only

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I know guys (not just LEO) who have gotten silencers and SBRs without problem, never heard of an issue with it.

Are you sure they didn't go trust/LLC route?

I've been told by several people who tried the CLEO signoff route that they were flat out told that he will not sign any NFA stuff.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Years ago there were alot of dems in public office in St.Tamm but that all changed when Edwards went down. Many of them jumped party lines as if they would be next up on Volts chopping block.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    He also supported Mary Landrieu last time she ran, along with Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Norman. Two of the largest conservative parishes and both the Sheriff's supported a Dem for Senator. I won't forget.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom