Started the process...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • czar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    S'port, LA.
    I started the process of getting my silencer/suppressor. I ordered it today from Major Malfunction. He told me it would be five weeks minumum to get it to my dealer here in S'port. Then the wait w/ ATF and the 200.00 USD tax stamp.

Czar

bestiller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    The last 2 Tax Stamps for SBR's(FORM 1) I got took 76 days door to door..Sounds like a long time but for the ATF it's blazng speed!...Good Luck;)

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Congrats! What did you order? Major Malfuction is one of the best dealers in the country.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

czar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    S'port, LA.
    Congrats! What did you order? Major Malfuction is one of the best dealers in the country.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

I got the Tactical Innovations Stratus, an entry level can, for my Ruger 22/45 and 22 conversion kit AR. Major Malfunction is so far great to deal w/ and the price was not bad either. I still don't know if I am going individual or the trust route yet. My friend/Class III dealer says that the local CLEO will sign it.

czar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    S'port, LA.
    Finally, Major Malfunction has received my USPS MO and dealer's paperwork to get the process into gear w/ the State and ATF.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I don't understand why these dealers are taking so long to get cans. I know a dealer right now that can have just about any AAC model in your FFL's hands on Monday.

Prices are at new retail prices, but they have them in stock ready to ship. I've bought from these guys before and they have some impressive sales setups.

Good Luck on your paperwork CZAR...Hopefully it goes quick!

czar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    S'port, LA.
    I don't understand why these dealers are taking so long to get cans. I know a dealer right now that can have just about any AAC model in your FFL's hands on Monday.

Prices are at new retail prices, but they have them in stock ready to ship. I've bought from these guys before and they have some impressive sales setups.

Good Luck on your paperwork CZAR...Hopefully it goes quick!

He had the can in-stock, but he went on a 10 day USAR TDY. Plus I mailed a MO which he received when he was on TDY. That would be great, if I was looking for an AAC model. As I was explained by MM, he sends the State the paperwork for transfer and then the ATF before he ships it to my dealer. Yes, it would be faster if I looked harder in the State for one, but my fault I did not.

czar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    S'port, LA.
    Update. Paperwork back from State of LA. MM faxed info to ATF for Class III transfer. Should have silencer around 1 April in state.

Last edited:

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Will does ! LOL

My last Form 4 took just shy of 6mths. They have had my current one for 2wks

EDIT; Cashed my check on the 23rd

Last edited:

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    You have a can for a saiga-12? ;)

you can have a Can :o

SuppressorX2.jpg

Staff online