State paperwork

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    My dealer mailed state paperwork on 10 Apr and sent off the form 4 on 26 Apr so it looks like the backlog is clearing a bit..

Wish they would process the forms in the order they receive them. On a side note one of my forms came back today. It was received March 5th. It took them over two weeks to mail it judging from the approved date to the postmark.

AJC

Newbie Scumbag
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Metry
    Wish they would process the forms in the order they receive them. On a side note one of my forms came back today. It was received March 5th. It took them over two weeks to mail it judging from the approved date to the postmark.

I was pretty shocked when he called me to tell me he sent off the form 4. After reading some of the posts on here about guys waiting 3 months for it I was positive I would be waiting a while...That does suck that they don't process them in the order the are received but hey, that's Louisiana for ya.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    So if this bill passes, when would it go into effect?

I'm getting ready to send in a Form 1 SBR and I'm curious if it's worth waiting.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not sure but hopefully soon. I just spoke to Wyndie and they are just beginning to open mail from the beginning of March. Couldn't even tell me if they had my form that was mailed March 5th. And this is just to get my silencer in the state.

RHINOWSO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    I like how the BATFE requires LA state papers before approving 5320.20 for temporary use in LA... :(

Last edited:
    Top Bottom