STI Ranger 11

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I set out to buy a nice, new, 1911. I did quite a bit of research and the STI Ranger 11 is what I've come down to (I like the specs on the Guardian but, The Ranger is just a little bit more gun and I really don't care for the two toned Guardian leaves me cold. But, another reason I would also like to buy from a dealer who not only sells, but works on these pistols. It would be cool because I want to get the STI hi vis 2 point sights installed at the time of purchase. Brazos Gunsmiths (over in Texas) is the closest dealer I've found.

Questions: Has anyone here had any experience with Brazos? If so, good or bad? Do any of the BS dealers handle STI products? If so, who? Where are they?

Thanks in advance,

Marc Price

ENVPMBR Shooter

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La
    I own a Brazos Custom 40cal limited gun. This gun is great but it is also over 10 years old. From what I have heard is that their quality has gone down. Contact Daniel with Plate-Tacular. He can help you out!

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dave and his boys personally go over every pistol that comes from them to make sure it's all up to snuff. For a VERY competitive price, ESPECIALLY for the quality of work that's always come out of there, you can get their tune-up and have a really nice piece of hardware.

The day he stopped building fully custom guns from blanks/balds on the regular was the same day that anyone shopping for a catalogue STI, and especially wanting some light custom work on the same, got a HUGE gift.

Top Bottom