Stoked for R40!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    I've been a Rush fan since the fall of 1976 and back then I was never allowed to go to concerts. When I became an adult I was usually either deployed or couldn't afford to attend when Rush came on tour. I've seen them a few times since I've been out of the Navy and have a sane schedule as well as a large enough income to be able to go.

Back in 2007 I took my 16 month old son to see Rush in San Antonio TX spending a small fortune on child specific hearing protection. He loved their music as we rode in the car and he was having a grand ol' time at the concert. So... when he discovered that Rush was coming to New Orleans in May and that this could very well be their last major tour he begged me to go. I figured if we're going to do it lets do it right.

parallelrushR40orderdetails_zps83cbbdc9.jpg

The Gold VIP ticket packages sold out before I could even get logged in, but I did manage to snag a couple of Silver VIP ticket packages. He's happy as a clam and can't wait to rock out with his dad.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    and to think I saw them back in the 90's at UNO Lakefront Arena for $22.50/ticket for the good seats!! Have times changed!!!! hahaha

but I did pay a small fortune to see Paul McCartney back in October.

Enjoy!!!

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    The concert ticket scam is getting real old, real fast. All this "resale ticket" (legal scalping) crap needs to go, they're trying to get the artists behind the movement in England, we could use a similar movement here. It used to really **** me off having to pay Ticketraper their $8-$11 fee, now you get stuck hunting for tickets jacked up to double price or more if you don't get online before the buy-bots clear everything out for resellers. Disgusting. Looks like I'll have to be satisfied having seen them last time for Clockwork Angels.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I never thought I would say this but I wish they would hire a singer to tour with them. Just too painful to watch Geddy reaching for the notes and coming up way short. They are without a doubt the best trio in modern music history. I wonder if he has a son that has his genes?

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Yeah, I'm with ya on the whole ticketmaster thing. The other thing that I don't much care for is the Citi card preferential presale of tickets... that just echoes with the sounds of salesmen.:doh:

I never thought I would say this but I wish they would hire a singer to tour with them. Just too painful to watch Geddy reaching for the notes and coming up way short. They are without a doubt the best trio in modern music history. I wonder if he has a son that has his genes?

Yes, he has a son named Julian Lee.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom