Stolen Gun Search Website

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    Openly putting serial numbers of guns that could/do belong to you into an online database?....eh....nah.

Good point. You can also query reported stolen weapons by type. I'm messing around on the website and it seems like all the serial number are hidden.

Last edited:

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    I have used it before. Bad thing is that (from what I understand) the "owner" has to pay a fee to report the stolen gun. Since this is not an official police report it means that only those guns that "owners" paid to report will in the database, which means only a small %. Also, there is nothing to stop someone from reporting the serial as stolen even if it is not. I personally would not trust it but that's just me. Almost everyone has a friend or relative in law enforcement they can ask to run the serial. IMO that is the best way to go. But since it's free to search a serial I guess that couldn't hurt either.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Looks pretty good. Some poor guy in Port Allen got hosed pretty bad. Must be 20 guns. It says it will contact the owner if it gets a hit but what about the person searching the suspect number. Will he be visited by the man? After all, you have to register to use the serial number search, with all of your personal info. This could be bad even though you were just looking to buy it from some guy.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Openly putting serial numbers of guns that could/do belong to you into an online database?....eh....nah.

Yea, I would NEVER do that. I learned my lesson when my wife and I signed up for the "national do not call list." we went from 2 calls a week to 20 calls a day from telemarketers. What a crime that is huh?

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Yea, I would NEVER do that. I learned my lesson when my wife and I signed up for the "national do not call list." we went from 2 calls a week to 20 calls a day from telemarketers. What a crime that is huh?

There really is a genuine national do not call list..unfortunately there are many fraudulent ones that gather data for telemarketers and mailing list companies.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    There really is a genuine national do not call list..unfortunately there are many fraudulent ones that gather data for telemarketers and mailing list companies.

We used the genuine one (donotcall.gov) I bet we would have done better taking a full page ad out.

I don't get telemarketing calls on my Obama phone

Hey man, where can I gets me one of thos Obama fones? I wants one.

Last edited:

bwalke1

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Before a number of gun purchases I've called the LSP and had them run the serial numbers for me. They were happy to help.

i recently called the EBRSO to run a SN for me and they told me to call the LSP, called them and after getting transfered 4 times i was told they don't do that, SO could you please post the number you called. i finally called EBRSO back and talked to someone that knew me and they were glad to help but i hate to call and ask for a favour when this should be a public service call. thanks

Last edited:

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    i recently called the EBRSO to run a SN for me and they told me to call the LSP, called them and after getting transfered 4 times i was told they don't do that, SO could you please post the number you called. i finally called EBRSO back and talked to someone that knew me and they were glad to help but i hate to call as ask a for a favour when this should be a public service call. thanks

+1 on that. Beside the "cover your butt and get a bill of sale", is there a "Standard" method for non-lawenforcment guys to inquire on serial numbers. I would assume it would be fill out some form and submit to a local police station.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    i recently called the EBRSO to run a SN for me and they told me to call the LSP, called them and after getting transfered 4 times i was told they don't do that, SO could you please post the number you called. i finally called EBRSO back and talked to someone that knew me and they were glad to help but i hate to call as ask a for a favour when this should be a public service call. thanks

It's probably been a year and a half since I last felt the need to check out a gun before buying. I never called anyone particular at LSP just called the main number and explained that I was concerned about the guns background. They would take the SN and description from me and within a minute or two came back on the line and tell me the gun was "clean". Simple.....maybe the procedures have changed since then.
    Just buy from the folks on bayoushooter and most of the guns should be "clean" :D

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Ha! I was talking to someone today about a way to find out if a gun is stolen or not. He found a gun in a used car he bought from a dealership...

Top Bottom