Stolen Guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TCKev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Houma On The Bayou
    Not a post I wanted to make but the Police thought I should reach out to my friends in the gun community. I was broken in to today and had several of my guns stolen. They didn't take me and Steph's competition gun's because they were with me. If you see or hear of anything out the norm being sold please let me know there are some guns that are one of a kind builds that not to many people would have especially the XP-100 in 300 Dakota and my custom 308. They took some STI 1911's and some XD's also got a Savage TR. DPMS AR15 Also a brand new Vortex Viper PST 6x24 scope and a 3x12 Burris handgun scope with a set of Farrell scope rings. Also stole a Storm i3300 case that I carried the XP-100 in and a Plano hard gun case that the 308 was in.

Please be on the lookout for high end guns for sale at pawn shops or online Thanks

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    ^ does it matter?!?!

Just my take on it. It may if he wants to learn from it. It doesn't if someone just wants to blame the victim.

I am taking it as his home in Houma was broken into.

Is the Savage TR is a rimfire or is it some other model?

Having your home broken is not a good feeling even if nothing was taken.

Last edited:

TCKev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Houma On The Bayou
    Just my take on it. It may if he wants to learn from it. It doesn't if someone just wants to blame the victim.

I am taking it as his home in Houma was broken into.

Is the Savage TR is a rimfire or is it some other model?

Having your home broken is not a good feeling even if nothing was taken.

Yes they were stolen from my house. The Savage TR is a 22lr

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Not to make light of your situation, because it definitely sucks. Some people may blame you for not securing your firearms in a secret room with a blast proof door buried in your backyard...

I will keep an eye out for any of the above stolen property. Im in BR

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Not to make light of your situation, because it definitely sucks. Some people may blame you for not securing your firearms in a secret room with a blast proof door buried in your backyard...

I will keep an eye out for any of the above stolen property. Im in BR

I was waiting on someone to post exactly what you are warning him about. That seems to be the normal response these days lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DangerClose3/5

Rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Covington
    It would help to post any pictures you have of them and specifics as well. For instance the "custom 308", what action , stock, color, etc. Sorry to hear about this, but maybe one of us can help locate the a$$hole and your firearms.

Last edited:

TCKev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Houma On The Bayou
    971ad8da4a1db0534253f2994d8f3483.jpg

Remington 700
    Krieger 26" barrel
    JEC Muzzle Brake
    Manners T4 stock
    Murphy Precision 20moa scope mount

Fast is Smooth ,Smooth is Fast
    Aim Small Miss Small
    Kevin

TCKev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Houma On The Bayou
    a2ec78b4e11f367d42413892f2785b58.jpg

XP-100 Gre'-Tan Rifles smithed in 300 Dakota. This is not actual gun but it's 99% like the pic.

Fast is Smooth ,Smooth is Fast
    Aim Small Miss Small
    Kevin

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Sorry to hear that. I've been robbed before and it is a sick feeling. I don't visit pawn shops often but there is one near where I work. I'll slip in today to look around.

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Just a suggestion, once reports have been filed, I highly recommend having a law enforcement friend or trying to get a local pd or sheriff to run your serial numbers and confirm that they have been properly entered into ncic. All it takes is the serial to be misstyped or placed in the wrong box and you lose that chance to have it flagged when a pawn shop or cop runs it.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Just a suggestion, once reports have been filed, I highly recommend having a law enforcement friend or trying to get a local pd or sheriff to run your serial numbers and confirm that they have been properly entered into ncic. All it takes is the serial to be misstyped or placed in the wrong box and you lose that chance to have it flagged when a pawn shop or cop runs it.

That's illegal

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Do you think maybe someone might have followed you home from a competition or something?

Those are odd guns to steal especially with the scopes involved too. Just an observation best of luck finding them.

JBgleason

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    NorthShore
    That's illegal

NO. NO it's not. Don't throw things like that out if you don't know what you are talking about. Randomly running things through NCIC to "see if they are stolen" can be considered misuse of the service depending on what code is used. Verifying correct entry of information related to an actual open investigation is most definitely not "illegal" and I can tell you that the data entry people make mistakes all the time. If you want to verify the NCIC entries, call the detective handling your case and nicely ask for a NCIC printout of the entries and then verify the info against your records.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom