Storage Hunters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crazy white boy

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    St. Charles Parish Hahnville
    Was watching the show last night. Could not believe what I was seeing this couple from California who is on the show weekly this week it was filmed in Las Vegas bought a locker full of pistols and rifles they even had a Tommy Gun in the mix. How is this legal he was talking about how he was going to resell all the guns. I figure that the ATF would be all over this since he was taking posession of them in Nevada and was a resident of California...

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Staged, as is most of the reality shows on tv.

I guarantee you that if you go to storage auctions you'll go bankrupt buying ****-y old clothes and dishes.

The storage owners I know said after a locker is abandoned they will take a brief inventory before it is auctioned off.

crazy white boy

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    St. Charles Parish Hahnville
    Staged I agree

Yeah I seen when the guy bought the meth lab he never would show them what was in the locker and they never showed his face.

Still dont understand how this guy could buy a locker full of guns out of state and transport handguns back home with him and sell them to an FFL how is that legal. I was told that they had to turn them into law enforcement......

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    My dad used to buy storage lockers when he had a flea market. Some were junk, many were thousands of dollars n items for almost nothing. My coin op pool table came from one. He once got one that was obviously a sports memorabilia store shutdown or a very serious collector, he made quite a bit and I got some cool stuff. He also got one of the nicest gun cabinets I have ever seen in one, sold it to my brother in law for a couple hundred and he later sold it to a gun shop owner for over 1000. He also got a complete house of furniture and made several thousand profit on it.
    We never came across any guns, but occasionally some knives and such. Lots of computer stuff( usually outdated), kids items, furniture, appliances, etc.
    I do remember 1 set of lockers he bought and made about $15k for about a weeks worth of work and we all kept some cool stuff. This was after his flea market days, he would just have a yard sale and pay his help with whatever they wanted from the loot. I usually got first dibs.
    Now, this was before the tv shows and all the interest. We would go to auctions and be the only ones there and just offer a couple hundred for all the units up that day combined.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I know for a fact this show is very staged. Reps from the show approached a coin collector shop I'm familiar with and asked if they had anything valuable that they could plant in a storage unit to film on TV. Then they brought it to the shop (while filming) to see what the value is. i.e. to sell the coin back to the shop the producers got it from. Can't even watch now

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I watched about 6 minutes of it. One of the worst shows I've ever seen. Having a "reality" show that's completely fake with real people trying to act just doesn't compute in my brain.

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    Since being in a hotel for the past two months i've seen enough cable to reinforce my belief that it's all ****.
    That said the other storage wars one is pretty entertaining and the repo thing is such a load of bollocks I don't say how they have a single veiwer.

Top Bottom