Strange occurrence

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    So I decided months ago when I bought my jeep that I was going to leave it in the parking lot of my apartment complex with out the doors locked due to wranglers being targeted for the soft tops being easily accessible to break ins and I don't want my top cut. So I leave all 4 doors and the hatch unlocked. I leave nothing inside. This afternoon after I woke up (slept from around 0400 - 1200) I went down and saw my passenger door was open a little bit. Upon further inspection I found a piece of dirty re-bar on the rear floorboard.
    Just thought it was really strange. The only damage to the vehicle was a little sand on the floor that wasn't there before.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I know two people who have had their soft tops slashed and their doors were unlocked, but I think they left them unlocked on accident.

Neither were jeeps.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Yea, ive had a few guys talk about having theirs slashed with doors unlocked, but there is a better chance of it not getting slashed with the doors unlocked. Plus with 4 doors instead of two, hopefully they will check at least one of em before going to the top. lol.

Yea.... air is pretty expensive according to Total Recall.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I love the claymore set up I personally set up claymores a long time ago, they are nasty but will do the job...

I use to read a lot of Nam books back in the day and I heard they are not something you want to stumble on. I also read about some "home" made ones the troops would build out of 30 cal cans, c4, and whatever scrap metal they could find. Also something I would rather avoid.

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    My daughter had a jeep that we built and she would leave the top off all summer and if the weather was going to be bad we had a cockpit cover. It is like a tarp that is custom made to fit your model jeep and it keeps the weather out pretty good. Somebody stole that one night.

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    You have read some very intelligent info, the gooks would make things that would Kill our Vets out of any thing that they could find. inc. unexploded ordenance from our bombers..the NVA always made life in the what we used to call Indian country Interesting... .
    I use to read a lot of Nam books back in the day and I heard they are not something you want to stumble on. I also read about some "home" made ones the troops would build out of 30 cal cans, c4, and whatever scrap metal they could find. Also something I would rather avoid.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    To me, a hard top goes totally against one of the reasons of having a jeep. Drop the top, take off the doors and be ready to cruise in under 5 min.

I have no personal knowledge, but I read on a forum some time back that on the four door jeep if you have 2 people the hard top comes off and goes on quicker than the soft top. :dunno:

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I left mine unlocked, so they tried to steal my soft top. They must have got spooked and bailed, but not before taking everything not bolted down inside of it.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I have no personal knowledge, but I read on a forum some time back that on the four door jeep if you have 2 people the hard top comes off and goes on quicker than the soft top. :dunno:

The new hard tops especially.

You know-- the sexy painted ones, to match the body color.

And being able to leave stuff in the car (i.e. my entire mobile shooting range) without having to lug it up and down stairs every Friday-- worth it.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

The problem is you have to have a place for it and he lives in an apartment.

Top Bottom